KTM Forums banner

2016 690 Duke Update

32K views 44 replies 22 participants last post by  Lambo 
#1 ·
KTM 690 Duke update: removed tank decals, swapped the mirrors for bar ends, tail tidy, removed passenger pegs, Remus underfloor Titanium exhaust. #braaaap

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice machine, Milky. If I was to make the slightest criticism, it'd be to find a couple of black socket head bolts (rattle pack Blacked) for the holes left by the pillion peg removal.

I have been told that Seattle has 3.5 non rainy days per annum; the Duke is all colours of fun in the wet.

I hope you enjoy it, Buddy.

#6 ·
KTM 690 Duke update: removed tank decals, swapped the mirrors for bar ends, tail tidy, removed passenger pegs, Remus underfloor Titanium exhaust. #braaaap

Any fuel remap with the Remus? I'm between this and the full Akra. Significant cost difference. Any comments on performance from stock before and after. Also anything to share in terms of loudness. I think I read someone eluding to the fact it's the type that makes your neighbors want to throw nails in your driveway. Thanks, looks clean either way [emoji106]

#7 ·
The dealer said they couldn't program a map for the bike, likely because it is a 2016. I hope by the time I go in for my first service that they can sort the map out. They also haven't received the Track Pack for the '16 either. Overall KTM has been slow to roll out software for the '16 Duke 690.

In terms of performance, the bike feels much more responsive in all RPMs, no complaints at all. I have not removed the baffle yet, but I plan on doing so soon. The bike is much louder than stock with the baffle installed. I am a big fan of loud bikes, so I love it. The neighbors won't be enthused, but I'm not too concerned about that.

#11 ·
The dealer was unable to install the map. I will be back in a month or so to get the first service done, so I am hoping they can do it then.

Never heard of a booster plug. Running as is right now, no issues. I'm sure it needs the re-map but it still works, and makes a great noise.

#16 · (Edited)
Update: This weekend I installed a K&N Filter, KTM Powerparts Ergo Seats and Cyclops LED headlight. The pictures don't do the headlight justice, it's like looking into the damn sun.

New Look with the ergo seats:

Stock Seat vs Ergo Seat:

Stock Low Beam:

Stock High Beam:

LED Low Beam:

LED High Beam:

LED High Beam from a distance. I was seeing spots for at least 5 minutes after taking this

#20 ·
Yes, it was plug and play, except for having to disassemble the clip holding the H4 base on. The LED H4 has a massive base compared to a standard H4, so the clip won't fit over the base without taking it apart. Not too difficult, just took a few minutes to figure it out.

#22 ·
Interesting. I actually prefer the "old" style with the more prominent orange stitching on the main seat as well as the KTM Powerparts logo on the main seat. I also don't like the smooth section in the middle of the passenger seat, doesn't look as nice as one solid seat.

You have made me very happy with what I already have!

#29 ·
I just ordered a '15 ergo seat for my '16. now I can't figure out what SW motech rack fits ! Can you help ?! link? pic ? supplier ?
I realize the model is new, but some of the suppliers are clueless about fitment ! Part of the joys of ownership !!patience is a virtue I don't seem to have.
thanks

#39 ·
I have not had a chance to get the map. It was the rainiest winter on record for Seattle and never really got a chance to ride. Figured I would wait until the summer. Need to get my act together now that the weather is better.

The Remus exhaust is great, no problems or issues whatsoever. And it sounds better than my friend's 16' 690 with Arrow exhaust :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.