KTM Forums banner

2016/2017 690 Exhaust

29K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  wiwwee 
#1 ·
Did some searching through the forums and didn't have any luck. Anyone have a 2016 or 2017 and done an exhaust swap yet? I would love to see some pics if you have them. I'm looking to find something to eliminate that huge ugly cat and don't really want something with a "pre muffler" either. Thanks!

#32 ·
Akra slip on & Akra exhaust (not the full system) is the same thing.

There's only one flash or map.
That is for the Full Akra + air box + cam (cam is only for pre 2016) aka the tuning kit.

For just the slip on can KTM doesn't change the maping at all.
They even state it in the power parts catalog "plug & play. No tuning or maping required"

#11 ·
Ah - the Werkes looks so good!

Personally think that's the best looking exhaust out there for the Duke. I went with the arrow because it's quieter, cheaper, and there's a PCV map available for it, but I was so tempted by CW.

What's your mapping setup? Akra? PCV? And how's the sound?

#18 ·
I've been mulling over replacing the exhaust on my '16 Duke for a little while now. The main thing stopping me (besides money) is the unclear answer on if I can safely run the stock engine map with full aftermarket exhaust which removes the cat. I'm not willing add a power commander and I don't think I can get the dealer to flash my bike because I'm in California. Is there a definitive answer on if a new map should be used with a full exhaust system on the 2016/2016 Duke?

I mainly want a better sound over increased performance so maybe a new silencer is the better option.

#19 ·
I have asked the question several times as to if a new map is needed, as well as if SAS delete is required when there's no CAT. Haven't got an answer. There's someone named Kafka, who seemed really knowledgeable on this stuff, but he doesn't post anymore by the looks of it.

After many phone calls, emails, and dealer visits I believe it is impossible to get the Akra map on a Cali duke.

If all you want is sound - maybe get a slip on where you can remove the baffle? I care less about sound and more about performance gains. Personally if I was going for sound/looks I'd go with Werkes.

#27 ·
Did you get autotune as well, and if so, how'd you handle the O2 sensor? I've heard the header has to be drilled and tapped for the autotune's sensor to fit since it doesn't fit in the stock O2 sensor hole.

#28 ·
No, I didn't get autotune. I talked to two local tuning shops, and both said that for my use/consistent location (I basically only ride in the Bay Area), that they said I'd be ok without it. But yes, autotune would not fit in stock 02 sensor hole, you'd have to plug that one and get a new one made.

I'm local so you can check out my setup some time. I'll be interested to see how the Duke R shock works for ya.

#29 ·
Good to know! Yeah I'd love to get to know more Duke owners around here. I won't be around this weekend but we should chat when I'm back. I'm also interested in what tuners you've found in the area and a rough estimate of how much it'd cost to dyno the bike and get the PCV dialed in.

#31 ·
Does anybody have experience with this 76005979100 exhaust from KTM-parts? I am trying not to void my warranty on a 2017 duke 690 but am having trouble finding info on exhausts and warranty information on them. I love the sound of thumpers and the stock exhaust does the duke no justice. Link is broken because I have too low of a post count.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.