KTM Forums banner

690 Front Stand for tire change

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  B3D3G1 
#1 ·
Any recommendations for a front stand for a 690 Duke?
I mainly need something to take the front wheel off so I can change the tire. Maybe there are some acceptable ways to change the tire without a stand that are acceptable.

Pit Bull brand seems to pop up often but a little expensive.

#2 ·
TBH, I just bought front and rear stands from eBay.Front is similar in that it sits under forks.$90 AUD delivered for both!
If I was to do this again, I'd buy the front stand that goes under the steering head as it was a bit of fiddle to get the forks off.

#3 ·
Are you trolling sf_ds? Or can you take the front wheel off with your bike mounted like that?

Does your front suspension system need to be portable B3D3? Can you use one that is permanently set up in one place? I use a boat-trailer winch bolted to my garage ceiling to lift my bike. It is cheaper (lots), safer, and overall more useful......as long as you don't need to take it to the track. At the track, I have used an RSJ clamp to do the same thing from the RSJ's that hold the pit roof up.

Think lift from above, not from below.

#8 ·
I looked around online for pictures and video of the fork lift front stands and I got less hesitant about that style.
Found a front stand on local craigslist for a good price and it ended up being a pit bull fork lift front stand. Drove the 15 minutes to pick it up tonight and already tried it out getting the front wheel off. It's actually pretty sturdy. I cautiously rocked it and it was pretty good. I think the rear stand keeps it upright and sturdy and the front just lifts the front tire up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.