KTM Forums banner

Duke 2012 Map

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  arosindale 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone have the Duke 690 2012 EVO 2 maps they could share with me?

Cheers
Ash

#2 ·
Hey Arosindale,

I am not sure you have the right end of the stick on mapping.

There are two maps, the throttle map and the engine map. There are 3 throttle maps and the selector is under the pillion seat.

There are two throttle maps, the stock map and the Akrapovic map (sometimes called the Evo 2). Your dealer is the only one that can load the Akrapovic map; we cannot share it.

We can share Commander Maps which modify the engine mapping, but I know very little about Commanders - I don't own one.

#3 ·
Hey,

Yeh totally understand the x2 maps, Fuel and throttle map.
I've just finished installing the evo kit 2 but don't want to start her up with the old mapping, I have used tuneecu on my Smc 690 where the maps are readily available for most years of bike, but for some reason the Duke 2012 maps arent there?
Literally ever other year for the Duke 690 is there, just not for the 690 Duke 2012...

Any ideas? Obviously wanted to avoid collection of the bike and dealership mapping costs..

Cheers

#4 ·
Remember that I am not a Commander or Tune-ECU Fella, but I have a 2012. I remember it mentioned, back then, that these more complicated piggy-back tuners were having issues with tuning around the twin spark. It no longer seems to be an issue, not for later models.

Maybe the issue was never sorted for the 2012?

#5 ·
Yeh fair enough, even when I plug the laptop in and fire up tuneecu software, it doesn't even connect to the ECU. So it's off to the dealership for a remap....

Weird, like you say, maybe something to do with twin spark. Whole the SMC 690 is a single spark and can map that bike easily.

#6 ·
The 2012 is supposed to be compatible. If I had to guess I'd suspect either the cable connecting PC<->ECU or the version of Windows you're running. Someone else just posted about having a hard time using TuneECU and it was fixed when they upgraded their Vista to the newest service pack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.