Duke 690R fuel consumption. - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum > KTM Bikes > Duke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Duke 690R fuel consumption.

Hi.. Do anyone know what the fuel consumption (km/litre) or (mile/gallon) of Duke 690R? How far can it travel with it's main tank? And how far can the it travel in reserve?
sellidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellidra View Post
Hi.. Do anyone know what the fuel consumption (km/litre) or (mile/gallon) of Duke 690R? How far can it travel with it's main tank? And how far can the it travel in reserve?
if you 101% follow the legal speed limit you should look at 230KM per tank ... but ... I can only get 150km per tank at the most
anzhsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hmm.. 230km? Is that figure before it hit the reserve tank?

Well, I just got my 690R a few days back. When I took it from the bikeshop, I noticed that fuel level warning light was lit up. The first thing I did when I rode it, was to the the petrol station and filled the tank full. The fuel level warning light went off as stated in the manual.
Then yesterday, while travelling on the highway (at about 100km/h), my bike died off. I tried starting it a few times but it won't start. There were no warning/fault indicators on my speedo. I called a friend of mine to help me to troubleshoot on the bike. He then poured two litres of petrol into the tank and managed to get the bike started. The root cause of the problem was that the tank was totally empty. (I had travelled about 260km since my last refuel.)
Now my question is - Shouldn't the fuel level warning indicator lit up when the fuel level hit reserve? Or is my fuel level warning system defective?
Old 12-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmm.. 230km? Is that figure before it hit the reserve tank?

Well, I just got my 690R a few days back. When I took it from the bikeshop, I noticed that fuel level warning light was lit up. The first thing I did when I rode it, was to the the petrol station and filled the tank full. The fuel level warning light went off as stated in the manual.
Then yesterday, while travelling on the highway (at about 100km/h), my bike died off. I tried starting it a few times but it won't start. There were no warning/fault indicators on my speedo. I called a friend of mine to help me to troubleshoot on the bike. He then poured two litres of petrol into the tank and managed to get the bike started. The root cause of the problem was that the tank was totally empty. (I had travelled about 260km since my last refuel.)
Now my question is - Shouldn't the fuel level warning indicator lit up when the fuel level hit reserve? Or is my fuel level warning system defective?
the 230km is when the petrol warning light on. sound like the warning light is not working. send it back to KTM for a check
Old 12-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Apparently the fuel tank sensor is defective.. Now waiting for the replacement sensor to come..
Old 12-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Apparently the fuel tank sensor is defective.. Now waiting for the replacement sensor to come..
1 thing I dont like about duke is .. the fuel warning will only off about 5 minutes after you top up the tank. not like Japs bike which will turn off as soon as it go above the minimum line
Old 12-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

you can turn it off pressing some of the buttons on the speedo. I can't remember wich ones,take a look at your manual
Crissis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Anzhsb, its quite apparent that you have not read, or do not have an owners manual....you should also probably get your fuel tank checked for leaks as you claim only to be getting 93 miles (150KM) per tank!?. If your Duke is stock, it will easily get 50MPG (or 81 KPG) even in aggressive riding mode. Have you modified the fueling or intake/exhaust?
Old 02-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheous View Post
Anzhsb, its quite apparent that you have not read, or do not have an owners manual....you should also probably get your fuel tank checked for leaks as you claim only to be getting 93 miles (150KM) per tank!?. If your Duke is stock, it will easily get 50MPG (or 81 KPG) even in aggressive riding mode. Have you modified the fueling or intake/exhaust?
oh ? apparently you know how my bike setup ? I didn't see you somewhere near my house ? there is nothing wrong with the fuel tank . maybe when you around my house you didn't see I am using PGR full system with K&N filter.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

Oh, so you have modified the intake and exhaust. That makes more sense then. Your statements are kind of misleading and confusing otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement