KTM Forums Team Racer
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern IL USA
As I have explained on a few other threads, after some shipping damage I ended up with 2 air boxes. I took a cut-off wheel and Dreml tool to the damaged one which resulted in
the 2 mostly symmetric holes. Found some orange vac tubing on Ebay, split it and secured with weather strip adhesive. I just cut back the stock rubber snorkle and used a small piece
of 2" tubing to mate it to the K&N pod filter. Safety wired it all to prevent an MIA situation.
I am very pleased with the result as I am running a PC5 with Autotune. I have tracked it multiple times and it pulls great coming out of corners and, depending on gearing, will
top out at a bit over 120 mph (195 kph). As we all know, Dukes are hard to beat under braking, so the combination does surprise a lot of people. And I'm an old guy, would have given
my left nut for one of these 20-30 years ago. Would have been very competitive in the Supermono classes.