On a budget. Size 56. Any good sites to search? - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

On a budget. Size 56. Any good sites to search?

On a budget.
Size 56.

Any good sites to search?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoDuke View Post
On a budget.
Size 56.

I'm a size 40, so I can't say too much about the sizing, but I have gone through motorcyclegear.com or revzilla a lot. Revzilla is great for learning about specific products, and motorcycle gear has great deals on closeouts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:33 AM

If you want discounted nice gear - try this place "motostrom . it" (italian site - I don't have enough posts yet so i can't post URLs)

Don't look at the posted prices, when you go to check out, if your shipping address is in the US they remove the EU VAT and the price drops about 30%. I saved a couple hundred dollars on a Dainese jacket I was going to order from Revzilla this way.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoDuke View Post
On a budget.
Size 56.

I ended up with my Dainese jacket by finding lines that discontinued, and then searching ebay for those lines a year or two later.

Essentially, find the models that are no longer sold and have been replaced by "newer and better". Doing this, I ended up with a jacket that one year prior was $600, but I got for $300. Been using it for like 6 years now every day.

2014 Duke 690 (Kev's O2 mod, My own fuel mod, decat, GPR Furore exhaust, hollowed airbox with pod filter)

2015 s1000r (Yoshi exhaust, yoshi engine guards, evotech levers, rizoma mirrors, CF front, rear, side fenders and headlight assembly, Sargent seat, AP rearsets, LED turn signals.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 03:20 PM
Silver Member

Revzilla seems decent
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:36 PM

Garage
you can try...http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/

I have order Motocross gear from them in past.

2015 1290R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
2009 KTM 530 exc / motard
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 05:11 PM

I ordered a brand new Dainese Air Frame jacket from MotardInn for $150. That being said, they cancelled the order about a week later saying they were out of stock. Annoying, but at least I got my money back.

A few days ago, I ordered a Dainese D1 Pelle for $376 on eBay from a seller in the Netherlands. This jacket retails for $599. I don't know if it's the exchange rate or what, but they have a lot of positive reviews so I gave it a shot.

I say use Revzilla for your research since they have excellent video reviews on most of their products, then check eBay or Craigslist for an excellent example.

Try not to skimp on protection. Good protection is way cheaper than hospital bills (is what I tell my wife when she sees me on RevZilla).

Current Ride:
2014 690 Duke

Past Rides:
2014 Triumph Bonneville
1991 Suzuki GS500E

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode