KTM Forums banner

racing 690- Broadford ,vic ,AUS

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Jordo 
#1 ·
5 more sleeps for Broadford....

#2 ·
Just a quick summary of the weekends racing at Broadford. Six bikes entered in F5, 2 ducatis 904cc, a gen III duke, 2 huskies a 510 and a 701 and my 690. Qualified second but my lightning quick race starts:crying2: left me back of the pack into turn one although the last race I was right with them all at the get go. Race 3 had me grid up and the lights on when the bike just stopped. Waved my arm to get the attention of the starter but off they all went leaving me trying to start the bike while everyone else was away. By lap 3 I had taken the 510 and was bearing down on a ducati when he had to pull off with a mechanical issue, almost ran up his backside when it happened and salvaged a third on that one. The 2 husky riders are locals and this is the only track they tend to race on and were very quick and had the tricky corners down pat. In the end the round results were 1st 701 Husky with Kristen at the helm, 2nd was Dave on the gen III and me third on the IV. The section of track in the photo is coming down from the blind 90' right at the end of the back straight showing the contour of the track. Ended the weekend with a PB and a trophy.

Attachments

Reactions: DW
#6 ·
Im a bit impatient, waiting on the photographer to get back to me so sorry about the watermark. Dave on his III and me on the IV

Attachments

Reactions: DW
#9 ·
Thanks all , I'm currently sitting in second in the BEARs club championship after 2 rounds so not tracking too bad.

Reactions: AndyH
#10 ·
A couple of pics from broadford. In pic 1 note the zeus fastener. I may need to tape them up

Attachments

Reactions: Benji and cors187
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.