KTM Forums banner

690 Street Tracker-Denver Colorado

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  flattracker 
#1 ·
Thought I would share a few photos of my bike.

I am racing it at the local Flat Track series in Denver Colorado at IMI motorsports park, short track about an 1/8 of a mile. I have only raced a year and half but took 3rd place in the 250 class, last year on my '95 YZ 250 which I will be racing as well this year.

2016 KTM 690 DUKE
Remus Hexacone exhaust
DNA S2 Filter
Powercomander PC5
SAS delete
Ktm Duke R shock
Kyouba Lowering Link (not installed in pics or first race)
Heindenau K73 Supermoto Wets
15-42 gearing

Only have about 20 laps on it at the moment, but it was riding really high due to the R shock and too much weight on the front end plus the track conditions were not ideal. Felt like an adventure bike, but the lowering link should really help. Still a lot of shaking down to do, but its got potential and a really positive response at the track.

Only a handful of miles on the street at well, they are bias ply so take a bit of getting used to.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Multi faceted bikes the ol 690 lets see a relatively standard panigale do that.........just waiting I'm sure someone will find a pic of one somewhere :)

Reactions: 55x
#6 ·
that didnt take long :}

#7 ·
Thanks for the well wishes.

I am growing more comfortable with the bike on the dirt.

I have been able to take it out twice, and a lot of laps at my friends private 1/2 Mile track which was incredible. The owner hopped on and ran some laps without a helmet without a helmet (faster than I rode all day) and told me I needed to be in 5th gear and that he loved the bike. I had a local expert hop on and really enjoy it as well - - sorry for the commentary. Check the drive he gets on the honda 450 and a good rider, when we start laughing. The tires work really well but the front feels a bit vague, just has too much weight on it. Eventually I'll get a 19 inch rim upfront to even out the weight.

My had our 2nd race outing of the season and the track was in much better shape. We get a blue groove formed but it tends to be a single line track.

I was able to enter the 690 in the Hooligan class, which is a much better fit for the bike as the only require is that it start as a street bike. I took 3rd in that class and got my first win in the 250 cc class. Oldest competitor in the class is 65+ and youngest 12ish.

Next race is this weekend. Got the Akra base map flashed this week, feel like she wants to lift with a lil tug now.

#8 ·
As you might tell from my user name, I'm a huge flat track fan. Love your pics, and wish you well in your efforts.
When you said the track was 1/8 mile, I thought you were going to be at a disadvantage. That is really short. I can understand your friend's comment about getting into a higher gear on the 1/2 mile oval.

#9 ·
Thanks. Unfortunately, they shortened the track at IMI to make it more of a speedway size and shape, but its pretty smooth and pretty grippy. As you'll see in the video the HD and the Indian are pretty well set up.

I'm gearing up for my next race tomorrow. My last race I took 5th out of 5, and put it into the wall after the flag going for 4th. I shifted into 3rd by mistake, and didn't have the drive to get around the Husky rider who I didn't really trust riding with either way.

Took another win in the 250 cc class, it was a vintage 2 smoker podium myself on my '95 YZ 250, a Bultaco and 70's yami.

I laid 'er dow, low sided practicing on Weds. Swingarm slider and handguards took the fall like a champ. Rad did touch. Glad to get that **** out of the way without a train of 700 bikes coming at me.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.