KTM Forums banner

2011 450 xc-w sixdays

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  bajadog 
#1 ·
Hey ,
Got this bike last year with less then 10 hours on it. It was a dealer demo and was in great shape. Just wondering what are some good upgrades to have more power out of the turns and corners ? gearing ,exhaust etc..... Also does anybody have any info on this bike about common problems or stuff to look out for ?? and even personal opinions would go along way.

#2 · (Edited)
Cheers and welcome to the forum.

With my KTM experience I would say, first thing
lube the steering head bearing, and all the swing arm
pivot components.

Unless the previous owner did that, they come with a
woeful amount of grease from the factory.

What is your gearing now?

#3 ·
Awesome !!! Thanks. The gearbox is stock and the eng sprocket has 12 teeth and the rear sprocket has 52 teeth. All was on the bike when I got it. I am pondering getting a header and a muffler and putting a smaller sprocket on the front. Other then that I'm not quite sure what I should do unless i start getting into the main gearbox.

#4 ·
#9 ·
You need go richer on the jetting for sure.

Is that bike fuel injected?

#10 ·
No it's isn't fuel injected. Yea I know I have to go richer just wondering how much richer. I know on the fmf web site they give all the jet part numbers and needle position. But they don't give any info from my bike lol. Go fig. So I guess I'm just wondering where should b a good starting point.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.