KTM Forums banner

Be prepaired to lose your BLM lands

7K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  RandyP 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I saw some reference to that in the website I belong to.

https://sdorc.org/

It's time for folks that like their open spaces to start letting their
representatives know!

#5 ·
If offroaders would learn to ride only on trails and clean up
after themselves, a lot of this would not have happened.

After seeing the trash and damage to the environment after a
Thanksgiving weekend at Glamis or Ocotillo Wells, it's not
a surprise areas are closing.:crying2:

#7 ·
This is all about making the land available for development and stripping of resources.

Looks to be stopped at the moment due to massive feedback from constituents in the western states that would be effected most. Motorcycling is only a small fraction of the peoples being effected by this if it returns and goes through. Any outdoor sportsman from hikers, fishermen, hunters, bicyclist, skiers, 4x4 , motorcyclist, and who ever likes the wide open spaces would be effected. If this comes back please contact your representitives and request the protect the BLM lands for future generations. We have plenty of shopping malls, suburbs.

#8 ·
#9 ·
NewOldGuy, you said:" Motorcycling is only a small fraction of the peoples" etc. This may be statistically true, but over the years I have noticed that hikers, riders, and horse people stick to their own areas. I have hardly ever seen hikers in the areas I ride bikes. I think we are a mighty force to be reckoned with, and we'll need to be on the top of our game to keep our land. Like always.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.