KTM Forums banner

South East Queensland Rides

57K views 527 replies 11 participants last post by  AliceNicho 
#1 · (Edited)
As the title says I am hoping we can get a few of the south east Qld forum members together for a ride every now and then or even have a regular scheduled ride calendar.
Will give us a chance to meet and go for a blast with fellow riders that have the orange blood.
If you are from or near that area and wan't to go for a ride, simply tag in on this thread.
Hopefully Hyperpete, 690arr, Scrub and sideshow will find this thread and if you do guys, just jam a quick post in as well so I know.

#6 ·
F**k yeah, this is awesome. I better not let you guys down and pull my finger out and get mine up and running again.
If you would prefer Saturday pete, I suppose I could head down from bundy on the Friday night and stay at one of the sisters places in Brisbane.
I don't know how hot it will be down there then, but we could have a mid morning start if it suits better arr.
(my wife's the same in the morning. I learned the lesson, You don't poke angry bear)
Next thing I suppose is deciding on where we want to ride.
Do we want to head down to Pete and go west of the goldy. Or north of bris?

#7 ·
Might be easier if we ride closest to wherever youre staying DW? Unless someone can meet and take you to the meet locations as it may be difficult finding your way when interstate.

I love north and south so I dont mind where we ride :)

I'll drag the mrs out even if its early :grin2:

#8 ·
Ok cool. Well I know a few places in brisbane. My sisters live around the springwood area. I obviously know where moss street is. I can get from there to the coast or north brisbane alright.

I was thinking maybe we meet at the big BP in yatala, I think its the Jacobs Well turn off? I can get there alright as well. Then it's a bit closer for Pete. I am also going to need a servo probably every 100-120kms:frown2:

Your a lucky man having a partner who rides as well.:wink2: Mine won't go near them.

#9 ·
Well, if we like to, we could leave Yatala BP and
go:Tamborine,Nth Tamborine(fast bends) then The Outpost Cafe (mixed fun, where we got pulled over),then Beechmont/Lower Beechmont and down the hill (mixed fast bends),then commute to the base of Springbrook, that would make about 96km for your fuel up.

From there we could wear our knees out on the divine Springbrook Road up, fast serious fun.

Then, if you like, enjoy a nice ride of mixed fun via Chillingham, and go up thru Dungay on Tomewin Rd into West Burleigh (mixed fast bends) that would be another fuel at 102km... all that would be a few hours subject to police chases and arrests. Ho Ho

From there we would just escape, at my ripe age I'd need a Chinese massage, mmm :) :)

Anyway, just a thought if you's wanted.

#10 ·
I think that sounds good Pete.
The boys in blue won't be a problem, we can just hit the dirt or the scrub, your duke should ride in the bush alright.>:)
All in favour of Pete's run?

#13 ·
This is all to easy then. As long as I get the orange b*tch running.

Looking forward to going for a ride in your stomping ground Pete. I am probably a little in sideshows boat, I think the last time a went over tambourine was about 12 years ago.

Btw Pete. You posted at 1.52am this morning? Do you sleep less than me?

#14 ·
...Btw Pete. You posted at 1.52am this morning? Do you sleep less than me?....

Who sleeps in Surfers Paradise? Lol
Think i just got home then, took the bike out a while last night, then out to dinner, drinks afterwards, time flies...pity though, wanted to do a ride today but woke on the lounge mid morning haha! So i just sat n watched the bikinis on the sand today :) :)

#15 ·
Hey that sounds alright. Got any room? Maybe I should roll the swag out there.>:)
I can't even watch bikini babes on tv without getting a clip behind the ear.

#18 ·
We will be trailering the bikes down to Yatala so do we know a meet time yet?

As I've said I'll be anywhere anytime as long as there is riding

Now I have to decide do I ride the RC390 or the 690R Duke
I don't know a time yet. You poor bugger having to choose from 2 bikes!! Mine is still spread all over the shed from a*sehole to breakfast. It's a freddy flinstone bike at the moment.
I am not bothered on time. What do the other guys think?
I know sideshows up on the sunny coast, he might need an hour and a bit to come down possibly?

#19 ·
I really suggest we start "too early" (730?) only to take advantage of less traffic, from around 9am the route would be just a commute, leaving around 730 (sorry scrub lol) but, like our last ride there, roads were virtually empty, just hope the cops sleep in lol

Not that I'm taking over lol,just really mean it, traffic so spoils the ride

I'm more often blocked in by cruisers, my gawd, who does 50km in a 60 zone where you should enjoy 90+ HAHAHA.
But, recommend boring legals on any straight roads, lots more unmarked cars up here now too!

But, looking forward to a bunch of orange maniacs, should be fun!

Unless it pisses down lol (April is predicted "well above normal rainfall", but like now, it'll still be around 24 degrees.
:) :)

#25 ·
I can do 730 down there Pete - that'd be the same place we met last time? No wuckers,

cruisers in speed zones are nothing more than mobile chicanes my friend - zig this one, zag that one, split the next pair, I'll show ya my version :D

#20 ·
7.30 is ok by me. Don't know whether to leave bundy at 2 in the morning or get to Brisbane at 11pm the night before. Similar sleep hours.
See what the others think Pete.

I won't be able to speed on the straight roads anyway, My top speed without valve bouncing won't be much better than 120 clicks.

#23 ·
I'm thinking of Doug who is at Kenilworth will have to leave his place around 5.30am which will be a big ask. How's about we make the meet time 8.30am?

And dont forget the 4 of us coming from the northside all have a minimum 1 & 1/4 hours ride home no matter what time we start so a better start time is probably the least we can offer :wink2:

Hows about even a Mt Nebo to Kenilworth ride on the cards? Lots of sexy roads with only 2 boring stretches along the way? Food for thought :grin2:

#26 ·
I can bang it off maleny & stealth bomb the trip - appreciate the thought aye thanks!! nebo/glorious laps are also yeeha material, although I'd have to have the sd in race the police mode err I mean sport mode to make up time on the 390 after the tight ones haha! seen a couple of those little sh!ts go hard & low now, damn they do it well

you blokes figure the fine tuning, I'll go sit in me corner = am happy either way simply because the sd can cover the miles to get there with sfa hassle, whatever it turns out to be will surely be awesome

#24 ·
Omg there's such a crowd coming by the look of it LOL
I'm easy with any meet time really, prefer early only cause I'm always up early anyway, and it's a nicer ride but we should work out who's coming and if they wanna meet 7 or 830?
I'll go thru the thread and make a list.
It'll be fun either way.

But if we do Nebo to Kenilworth the Doug may as well stay home and light a bbq? Hahaha.

Anyway, got a while yet, it'll come together.

I should've kept the last unit i had up here, 3 bedrooms, big patio, we could've all stayed over and got titified in Orchid street the night before haha

#27 ·
I'm easy. I will go anywhere.
As long as I am on a bike and riding.
Nebo is probably closer for everyone but Pete? Tight stuff is better for me, I should amend my previous post, I won't be valve bouncing, Just on the straights anything much over a buck twenty and I am stringing its tits off.
What is nebo area like for fuel stops? I can bring a siphon hose and a litre bottle. Who's go the biggest tank?

#28 ·
Well, not to be a selfish bitch, as I'm up at sparrowfart anyway, someone who knows the area plan a fun route and lunch up in the Nebo zone and we can all then easily meet up nice and early to take advantage of less traffic and more fun - if everyone is actually closer to that area I'll gladly take a run up to start from there..no probs here.

I'd also enjoy following than leading, cause i so often ride alone anyway.

We can always plan another, maybe mid winter, run down this way cause it's always (normally) warm n sunny here, I'll enjoy the diversion cause i have worn my last set of tyres out on these local loops you know lol

Andy-you'd know the good runs surely? Just pamper the missus into waking up early lol

TGIF guys!!

#31 ·
I will be in the ute from bundy to Brisbane, then I planned to ride down to yatala on the bike from the sisters. I suppose I could just leave it in there till I get to yatala. If I was on a roady I would've rode the whole way from bundy or if I had a bigger fuel tank on the 525.
Nothing flash about my ute though, I'm not going to compete with you guys on that one, it's an old busted a*se p.o.s, but it was free so I'm not complaining.
Can we leave the vehicles there all day?
No parking fines?
Won't worry me if someone steals it. Worth more money that way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.