KTM Forums banner

Akrapovik exhaust on Duke 200

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  LuisJDS 
#1 ·
Hi guys...

Today I took the bike to his first service (1000 Km) and while getting in the store, one of the sellers told me: Hey Luis! Your box is here!
-Wich one? I didn't order any box you sleazy man.
-Yes... You asked santa for an Akrapovic exhaust and it's here, it has your name on it. (The vendor is a very cool and smart arse guy)
-Yeah right, nice try but no thanks!
-Man! It will change your life.
-Nope!
And then the KTM mechanic aproaches me and tells me that it really kicks the power up and gave me some technical data and he told me... You buy it now, and in one hour I have your bike ready with it.

I couldn't resist the temptation and I left the store being 1200 USD poorer than one hour before. And since I believe that if you're going to mess it, you better mess it big time, I got some nice grips, hand guards, a cool cushioned sticker for the gas lid, anodized orange KTM lids for the fluid deposits of the bike, I ordered the sliders and some stickers for the wheels.

My God! I have an adictive kind of personality and thanks God they didn't have more stuff in stock for my bike because I could have ended with holes in my pockets.

I was very short in time and all I could do is to ride back home (3 miles) with my new gear and let me tell you something... The exhaust sounds very cool and the motorcycle runs like the wind. I never tought than a simple accesory could change the performance of a bike that much. It was a short ride but the difference was huge! Hard to believe...I still have a huge and idiotic grin that only you and me know the reason. But wow! What a cool thing.

Too early to make a review, but I'll let you know my impressions soon, and I'll post some pics soon too.

Best regards from Mexico.
Luis

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.