KTM Forums banner

KTM 990 Adv Lower Kit

12K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Ninja 
#1 ·
2012 KTM 990 Adv Have just installed by Pro-Action suspension the new KTM Lower 25MM suspension kit by WP.
The kit includes front and rear springs cartridges spacers anda lower sidestand. Which is great did I say great it is the ride is just the same not firmer not softer just the same but a inch closer to terra which helps out alot for stops or very sharp turns that the KTM can do.
Also had a seat concepts seat lower version done as well. Great product too!
The suspension is super the Madstad wind screen and the kTM lower suspension kit (sold by KTM) is the best mods so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

#2 ·
How do you like you adventure so far?

Any major PITA maintenance things with the fairing etc?

#3 · (Edited)
Ktm 990 adv

KTM is a best described as a bike the more you use it or ride it the more comfortable it is to the point everthing else is different. Yes at first its intimidating then you change it for your liking like any bike but there's that something you like and start to love the bike over everything else. KTM is the bike that inspires confidence control feeling of being one with it but yet different than the rest of the manufactures bikes. When you sit on a Honda or BMW you feel the comfort now but becomes boring after a while the KTM you grow with and alaways leaves that smile=FUN!
Now for maintance yes it's a race bike tame down some no mistake about it but that is it's mystik! So yes it's a pain to oil change with fairing and all faring bikes for the most. But aftrewards it's rewarding knowing your machine.
Farkels keep most of us happy and content = FUN!
The KTM lowering 25mm WP suspension kit w/sidestand is great 2 up no difference riding on tarmac no difference. Just do it Great product.5 Star!
Madstad windscreen is a great product it keeps noise down that you can actually leave your screen open at 88mph and still listen to music in your helmet bluetooth thru scada Q4. So yes i like the KTM alot a keeper for sure!

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply back Ninja.:punk:

#5 ·
KTM Trip

Just got back from Baber Motorsports Track Chris Fillmore placed 5th and Knapp around 10th.
The Trip started out on Wenesday from the Keys (Florida) went up to stuart Fl. to WMR KTM shop got a new DID 70 series front rim with heavy duty spokes installed something I being wanting for a while, was treated great as alaways Joe is the man and this shop is fantastic please check there web site WMR racing.
Well back to the trip had a great time up in Alabama we stayed in the Chehaha State Park highest point in Alabama. views galore!!! Then off to the races after riding around the mountains for a day wow! (Flatlander in the mountains again) Any way roughly 2800 miles later back to Florida Keys and all was safe and sound wash the bike and not a glich once again the KTM took me up to the mountains and rode it all the time very happy with this bike thinking about adding 19/17" wheels soon. The Madstad windscreen still works the best for me and the new Seat Concepts work good plus that lower suspension is a godseen for me too! But need to add Jesse bags and a GPS and those 19/17" wheels I think this would be a great addation to awesome bike like the KTM 990 Adventure truley a good machine.

#6 ·
Have one more child in high school.
My goal is a 990 (1190 I hear now) ADV by 2016.:sailor:

#7 ·
Bikes sold

I was looking at your list and you know bikes and had alot so indeed you will be a KTM owner sooner that the last child in High School my daughter just graduated off to Santa Fe College in Gainsville Fl.
I have sold since i I begin riding two Honda 90 CL's,kawa 120 trail,Hodaka ace,Yamaha DT 250, Bultaco 250 Matador,Honda 350 cl,Honda sl 350,Honda 750, Harley springer softail ,suzuki Dr 650,Ducati Multistrada 1000 ds,Triumph sprint GT,KTM 450 EXC.
NOW KTM 990 ADV 2012 & Kawa Ninja 1000 2011. need two more bikes for retirement in the next three years.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.