KTM Forums banner

Back Pack Opinions - Advice

10K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  CaptSDR 
#1 ·
Hi
Wondering if anyone can suggest or comment on a decent back pack, im up for a new one.
Ive looked at a few and so far the Kreiga looks like an option because of its harness but the Alpinestar Roving looks like a good option as well. Money comparison is similar to the R25 by the time I ship it to Aus due to Kreiga offering free postal from here. Anyone have an opinion on the bags they are currently using or had in the past?

Thanks for any comments.

#3 ·
Thx Mara
About the only thing on my needs list is water proofing as the area im in is unpredictable. It can be full sun one minute and torential the next, with the Kreiga R25 being 25ltr and the Roving 16ltr their probably around the right size to carry some wet weather gear and phone, wallet etc. Thankfully I dont commute to work (home office when im not traveling) so Im all good in the wardrobe needs.
Im mostly curious about what people think about their choice of bag in comfort and wear quality.

#5 ·
Thx Bear, I hear ya because ive gone with the Kreiga. Does everything I want it too and read nothing but good comments using the harness.

#7 ·
Traditionalist here - I really dislike the elevated weight and body distraction of wearing any type of backpack. I do it occasionally for a laptop that won't fit in my panniers but it seems wrongheaded to regularly use backpacks on a motorcycle. I understand it is becoming part of the uniform, like hoodies under a textile jacket but I always try to get the weight, low, attached, and off my body.

Lee

#9 ·
Quick release tank bag from Givi. Takes the weight off your back and provides some wind deflection. Also comes in lock-ed and backpack version.
I use the 15ltr Givi on my 890r...fits everything....lunch, beer, takeaways, etc, and permanently carries cables, chargers and puncture repair kit.

#11 ·
Hi
Wondering if anyone can suggest or comment on a decent back pack, im up for a new one.
Ive looked at a few and so far the Kreiga looks like an option because of its harness but the Alpinestar Roving looks like a good option as well. Money comparison is similar to the R25 by the time I ship it to Aus due to Kreiga offering free postal from here. Anyone have an opinion on the bags they are currently using or had in the past?

Thanks for any comments.
I have the KTM back pack which works great and matches the bike with some orange in it.

#12 ·
Hi

Thanks for any comments.
Here’s a nice one KTM PowerWear Team Dakar Ogio Hydration Backpack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.