KTM Forums banner

BAD SHIPPER. stay away!

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  sleazy 
#1 ·
just FYI for anyone looking into shipping a bike. STAY AWAY from US EXPORT TEAM LLC. his name is Dan Hirsch and he's out of Pennsylvania. and he's a complete liar. a complete lying douchebag.

first, the pickup date was back in January, in Michigan. he set the schedule and showed up TEN DAYS late. nice.

said the bike would be in Florida 3-5 days later.

on the fourth day, i called to see where he was... said he was still in Pennsylvania, but would be leaving that coming monday.

ok.

about two weeks later, i get a message from the shipper that Dan had trailer trouble and was "getting it welded". Still in Penn at this point.

now a month later, i hear that he's close- but his driver cant drive more than 450 miles a day... so i'll probably see the bike in the next 48 hours.

three days later and i get another message from the shipper that "Dan" is in the hospital with a broken hand and guess what?

the bike is still rotting in Pennsylvania in a storage shed.

so for the past 4 weeks, he's been lying about trailer trouble and delivery dates. bike hasnt moved six inches toward FL.

W... T... F....?!

now, ive been patient thru this whole thing. and i think im a pretty reasonable guy. i can work with ANY timeline- as long as there is an end to it. but enough is enough.

and get this- "DAN" says he'll refund the shipper his fee.... but he (the shipper) has to drive from Michigan to Pennsylvania to get the F R I KK I N bike back!!!

W.... T.... F ?!

holy crap! what kind of business person is this!?

sorry guys, i know i'm venting- but please, for the Love of God... do NOT hire this guy. anything you pay him, no matter how good the price- will end up x1000 in trouble, lies, and complications.

steer clear, my fellow KTM compadres.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the 411.

Sorry you got shafted by this dirt bag.

#4 ·
Another couple of days he can put a lien on it and say he has been storing it and the owner never came back .... :sneaky2:

Fick`n people :gun_bandana:

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
well, the bike is still not here. the shipper contacted another shipping company. they picked it up from Dan's storage shed on wednesday. i have a tracking number that says it's still in atlanta (since sunday) and that delivery is promised somewhere between the 21 and the 26th.

at least its moving. but what condiiton its in, is anyone's guess. will post again once it arrives.

#12 ·
ha! yeah- i got it. FINALLY. and in due fairness, i should post the name of the shipping company that swooped in and cleaned this mess up. if i can find the paperwork, i'll try.

bike showed up and looked like it had been in storage for a while. heavy coat of dust, but nothing broken/missing. but its here. and might i mention-

when they say the 150SX has the highest grin factor of any motorcycle anywhere...

they aint lyin.

damn! that thing is fun. (this coming from having owned/ridden 450EXC, 530, 300xcw, 450crf's, 250crf's, 250cr's, 125 cr's, etc...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.