KTM Forums banner

Sprocket source for OZ RC8 wheel

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Burnham 
#1 ·
I just purchased OZ wheels for my RC8R. They were supposed to come with a sprocket because there is something unique about it. No sprocket was included. I need to know where I can find one. Thanx.

#2 ·
The uniqueness is the recessed bolt holes or lip that is needed for the oem anti rotational nuts to work as intended and clear the inside of the swingarm.

PBR supply the compatible aluminium sprocket with the OZ wheel purchases, # 4596 37 L. The wheels are also sold with a set of drive pins that may/may not be different to the oems..

Supersprox through their custom order section were looking into it but afaik they terminated that option, at least through the Euro site, due to poor turnaround times.
I would also try contacting HMC racing via ebay to see if they have any spares still left over.

#3 ·
First off, if I were you I would complain to the dealer you purchased from. I needed one when I purchased a used set of mag OZs from Fillmore's old HMC ride.
I was sent a Vortex 520 with the wheels,

but I wanted to stay with 525, so I searched high and low to no avail. I tried to contact OZ, but got no response from any emails I sent. Vortex said they didn't make one specific to the RC8, and that the one I had was custom, and they had no interest in helping me out. I was able to talk to someone at Moto wheels who told me that the only way to get a sprocket was to order a set of wheels, as they come with them...I guess that's incorrect, judging from your experience.
You did get a carrier with the bolts machined to go into the cush bushings in the wheels, right?
I ended up buying an RS7 Superlite for BST/Marchesini/OZ wheels(76mm Hub Diameter x 100mm Bolt Circle x 5-10.5mm Bolt Holes), http://sprocketcenter.com/superlite...-rear-sprocket-bst-marchesini-oz-rotobox.html
and reamed out the bolt holes and milled the face to accept the KTM nut sleeves. It cost me about $60 for the sprocket, $100 for the reamer and end mill, and used some scrap around the shop to make a jig.

I've run it at about 20 or so track days without any problems.

You can maybe contact Supersprox and ask them to make one up. It would cost about $120 and take a few weeks to make, I think another member did a few years ago. I'll sell you the used Vortex I have, if you want, just pm me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.