KTM Forums banner

Replacement tires for SD 1290R

9K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Superduke53 
#1 ·
Hello,

I purchased my leftover 2015 SuperDuke 1290R new from the dealer in June of 2016. I just hit 4500 miles on the stock tires and am at the point where I need to replace them. I have had no issues or complaints whatsoever with the stock tires, but wanted to know if anyone had suggestions on alternatives? The dealer here carries Dunlop Q3 and Michelin Pilot Power 3 tires. I haven't done any track days and just use the bike for commuting and long rides on the weekends hitting the twisties. That being said, which would you recommend? If I could get anywhere near 4500 miles out of a set of tires again, I would be thrilled...but, I don't want to sacrifice performance. That being said, which would you recommend?

1. Buy another set of stock tires (Dunlop Road Smart tires)
2. Buy a set of Dunlop Q3s
3. Buy a set of Michelin Pilot Power 3s

Thanks in advance,
Will

#2 ·
I tried for more miles and put pr4's on mine and split a back tire around 3k and they were looking pretty good I replaced those with diablo rossi3 back 2 front before it got COLD and when its cold I don't push the limits. I think with this bike i'll be getting whatever's on sale because I have a feeling it's gonna shred whatever's on it.

#4 ·
After my stock tires I went to Q3's . I liked them great tires. Very sticky I got about 3300 out of them. My current set is Bridgestine S21's . Bridgestone was offering rebate so I thought I would try them. I had run S20' on my other bike and liked them. I liked these too. I think they are as good as Q3's but cost less. I'm not sure on miles yet . I have about 1500 miles on them right now. Those are my preferences but not don't think you can go wrong with your choices. But like steve59 said . You may want to go with what's on sale because the bike will shred tires?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.