KTM Forums banner

ABS/speedo sensor KTM 1290

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  jayp7g 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Im working on a data logger project for motorcycle. I am currently testing it on a Xmax 125 scooter but I would like transfer the work on my SD 1290 2014.

The blocking point is the ABS sensors.
On the Xmax the ABS sensors are active (and magnetoresistive). It means that the two wire sensors are powered at 12 V. Then I did a short circuit to interface sensors with Arduino and it perfectly works.

I am surprise because I am trying to do the same with the KTM, I unplug the ABS sensor connector and I measure the voltage (ECU side) which is 0V :|
I have 2 suspicions:
-ECU detects a sensor in 'default mode' and stop to power the considered one.
-It's a passive sensor?

Some help would be appreciable?

Thank you,
Pm

#4 ·
Hi,

pretty sure they are passive. ecu reads the pulses from the reluctor ring. no external voltage is applied.
I tested the sensor and I have some doubts that it's a passive one :wacko:
No signal go out without powering it.

But I am afraid of damaging the sensor if I power it with 12 V....
Moreover in the case where it would be an active sensor, there are 2 pins. Hence 50-50 chance to inverse the power wires and I guess break the sensor.

Nobody has more information about this sensor?

Thank you,
Pm

#10 ·
Hello, Im working on a data logger project for motorcycle. I am currently testing it on a Xmax 125 scooter but I would like transfer the work on my SD 1290 2014. The blocking point is the ABS sensors. On the Xmax the ABS sensors are active (and magnetoresistive). It means that the two wire sensors are powered at 12 V. Then I did a short circuit to interface sensors with Arduino and it perfectly works. I am surprise because I am trying to do the same with the KTM, I unplug the ABS sensor connector and I measure the voltage (ECU side) which is 0V :| I have 2 suspicions: -ECU detects a sensor in 'default mode' and stop to power the considered one. -It's a passive sensor? Some help would be appreciable? Thank you, Pm
you are right it is an active sensor ans ecu supply 10.4 volts only when sensor is connected, when sensor is removed,the voltage is zero

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.