KTM Forums banner

Anyone in US pickup their '17 SuperDuke R yet?

21K views 95 replies 22 participants last post by  bandsaw000o0 
#1 ·
My dealer doesn't know when they are coming in... but assuming March. I have read elsewhere about a potential hold on the '17 SDR's, due to a potential TFT screen issue. No details though.

Anybody know for sure? Or have a dealer with details?

Thanks in advance.

#7 ·
Hey all - first post.

I'm waiting on delivery of my '17 SDR. Hopefully will be in soon, but was just told "April". :-/

Side question - As per the video above, I'm assuming the 17 model won't be an easy case of de-cat and enjoy life? Seems RJ said there was a whole host of things that have to be done - unlike the 14-16 models (due to Eu4).

Cheers and hope someone gets their new bikes soon. Seems late - really late.

#8 ·
Ive spoke to my dealer a dozen times.He doesnt know any more than I do. I put a $1000 deposit down in February and still nothing. I called KTM corporate in Ohio today and got a return phone call. Representative was reading a pre-written response. The usual apologies. He says there is no release date and wouldn't tell me a reason why. He was very snide with his responses. I asked him how the had a release date in February but not one now. I told him that I was lied to among many others waiting for there bikes and the least they could do is lift the shroud and be honest. I also informed him of there very formidable competition, BMW, Yamaha, and Aprilla. I guess now I get my deposit back and look into one of the available bikes. For my first time experience with KTM it is not positive and I don't think I could trust them now for further issues such as warranty etc. They've made some really nice commercials and shouted how they're the best but lets see them prove it with actions.

#10 ·
2 cylinder torque and love the styling. 17 has the cruise control which was a want or need. I'm trying to remain patient but I believe it's asinine that a company can't communicate with its dealer network and let them into the loop of what's happening and reasoning. I can understand they can't give a release date because of other players involved. At the same time how were they able in February to give a March date and now can't give any. Were you told April or at least by the end of it. I've been told nothing to this point.

#11 ·
Oh yeah, Steve59, no reason to be a dick. Maybe you just need to try harder than most. I'm simply going off what I was told for delivery date which was in March so 12:01 April is late to me. Since you seem to have knowledge bestowed upon you even my dealer and rep at KTM headquarters didn't have, where did you hear end of April. I'll forgive the diaper remark, I'm sure you thought it was funny, so haha. The keyboard is your sword.

#12 · (Edited)
If I saw your 2nd post about march delivery I would have understood your frustration but all i've been hearing is april and you talking smack about KTM on your 1st post seemed a bit like trolling. That post was actually my 3rd attempt and by far tamest reply.

I asked my local Triumph/ktm dealer about the SDr and was just told april, when I asked about the 765 street triple I was told june. Two very noncommittal answers, but with new models not surprising. I don't usually ask the salesmen as in my experience I usually have more information than them, but find the sales mgr or owner to get the latest scoop. I get the frustration you're going thru after being told a long past date but there's 2017's on the road in europe so they gotta be close and if the delay is yo avoid a recall so much the better.

#13 ·
I'm done waiting with no answers. Yesterday I transferred my deposit to another bike, another brand. Maybe in a year or two I'll look at the Beast 2.0 again and see if KTM has gotten their act together by then.

I hope you all get your Dukes soon and enjoy the hell out of them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#14 ·
I'm done waiting with no answers. Yesterday I transferred my deposit to another bike, another brand. Maybe in a year or two I'll look at the Beast 2.0 again and see if KTM has gotten their act together by then.

I hope you all get your Dukes soon and enjoy the hell out of them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
what do you mean buddha?

#15 ·
I love my 2015 SDR, but want to upgrade to the 2017. I have deposits on 2017 Tuono Factory (which arrived today), and a black 2017 SDR. As much as I think the 2017 SDR is the bike for me, I might end up pulling the trigger on the Tuono Factory because I have ZERO patience. From the reviews I've seen in the UK, most guys end up choosing the KTM over the Aprilia after riding them both. Ugh!

#16 ·
I wouldn't expect you guys to be disappointed with the ape it is a great bike although I thought the 17 tuono was the same as the 2016 model and if so there should be leftovers around for less money? My knees love the legroom and the torque is stupid fun and except for a brief flirt with the gt I don't even think about replacing my 2015 SDR.

#18 ·
This waiting is getting hard to stomach. It's even more difficult to think the '17's whole exhaust system is different and we won't know what works or not until long after delivery. By then the '18's will be released. Wish KTM would communicate better with the dealers to let us know what's going on. Is it a recall/issue that's keeping them in the warehouse or is it just on the slowest boat known to man in transit? Not feeling overly patient today. Thx for listening.

#19 ·
Exactly, communicate. Being secretive has gotten old and insulting. Just for ****s and giggles call KTM corporate. You'll hang up more pissed than before you called. Maybe someone from KTM is listening to the boards and will chime in. I was told by the owner of the store I bought from I would take delivery in March now I'm hearing from one of a very helpful member here haha that its April. Fingers are crossed

#20 ·
I got a call from a KTM re today explaining the delay on our 1290 r. He said the bikes are in Virginia and the delay is an EPA paper work problem, not a bike problem. He thinks they will be released by end of the month but worst case would be second week of May. It comes down to more government beauracracy holding up progress and our bikes. I'm trying my best to be patient and the good thing is its almost like waiting on Christmas morning as a young kid. Haven't had that kind of excitement in a while.

#22 ·
Glad you finally got an explanation, I doubt my dealer was aware of that delay when he told me april. It took me 3 months of negotiating with my dealer to get a price I could accept and that was after riding it (my 2015) so I get the frustration but I expect it'll be worth waiting for. Can I ask if you got the track pack?

#25 ·
Someone at the top at KTM should at very least type what they want said to their customers and not rely on some phone manager to give a response. My experience was not of being vague but almost in contempt of me even asking a question. I think it will arrive, I think it will be great bike, but I'm disappointed in the way corporate has handled it through the dealer network.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.