950 smr hestitation, missing, surge... mid rpm - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hefty2000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

950 smr hestitation, missing, surge... mid rpm

... having issue... usually occurs in 3 rd gear on up. Read the "canisterectomy" thread (somewhere), have looked into what version i have of charcoal canister etc... i think i don't have the canister, although i think i have the gas tank and carb vents that have vacuum valves (diverter) (when running or not?). after reading up on it, i then looked at some photos of my bike from when i cleaned the aircleaner. I discovered in the photo .... that there is a hose going to the side of the rear carb...not connected to the vacuum actuator that moves the "slide" in the carb throat? (guessing). (see photo, zoom in on yellow highlight and comment) With that detached, i am surprised it runs good in second and first gear? Anyone out there think that is my problem... or once i fix that... i need to look for other leaks (based on the symptom of hesitation in the higher gears) ? thx....steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vacuum hose disconnected.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	41722  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 01:36 PM
Full Throttle

Did you fix the hesitation symptom?

current -2007690SM
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Cors,
In fact, a couple of months later, tore into it again.. thinking i was going to have to remove the carburetor set, tear down... and kind of rebuild...check seals etc... However, upon removing air cleaner etc... i noticed the front carb vacuum hose, that moves the "slide"... was also disconnected... but it was very hard to see, below some electrical wires etc... I plugged that back in ... checked everything over... and that was the issue. The bike now runs as it should. If you open up throttle in first and second gear (no snap release of clutch), when you hit power/torque band... you have to consciously keep the front wheel down by leaning forward. Big difference in power. Not sure why previous owner had those two vacuum hoses disconnected from cv carb slides?). I kind of wonder if it was a "governing" effect to keep him "in control".

cheers,
Steve
cors187 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode