Opinions Please - Page 4 - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum
 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 01:20 AM
Forum Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
What an asinine, ignorant thing to say! But I guess the OP *was* looking for opinions! For a factory machine, the RS is decently tricked out with performance parts. I love to hate on almost all of Triumph’s line, but their 675/765 middleweight is puuuuure money.
Does absolutely nothing for me though, you could park it next to a GSXS-750 or a Honda something or other and i'd like them equally. Sure it's a fine bike, sure it's a great spec, but .. well.. Nah... i don't want it.
weeksy is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:04 AM
Junior Member
KTM Forums Team Racer
 
kenmoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: California
Posts: 12
790 duke is worth the difference. its just is. I want one too.

Moto Vids:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SDR 1290/S1000RR
kenmoto is offline  
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:48 AM
Full Throttle
 
cors187's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 5,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
What an asinine, ignorant thing to say! But I guess the OP *was* looking for opinions! For a factory machine, the RS is decently tricked out with performance parts. I love to hate on almost all of Triumph’s line, but their 675/765 middleweight is puuuuure money.
My guess is the budget for the trick parts ate into the artistic part of the budget and the artist rummaged early 90s bikes for sure.
Certainly nothing foolish in that bet.

Lets face it , the triumph equipped household name parts are not what anyone wants to comment on , go to farkn triumph forum and you can get that.
The thread wants to belittle the 790, well im just saying that triumph looks like a learners bike, the only good thing on it is the tail.

2008 1190 RC8
2007 690 SM

racers toolbox thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cors187 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:31 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 25
I am OK with the look of the 790 Duke but not in love with it. What I am in love with is the feeling I get when I ride it. This bike is incredible in the corners. Very settled, handles bumps well and I just know where the front wheel is and what it is doing. I have been riding around 50 years and have had a lot of bikes but this one is the easiest for me to ride. It just fits me and my riding style. I really do not care what it looks like. I have a Ducati Paul Smart LE that I no longer ride. I just love looking at it so have not sold it but it is uncomfortable and the handling is nothing like the Duke. Hey these things are not necessities so we can only justify buying them by how big a smile they give us. These two diametrically opposed bikes both bring me smiles galore for very different reasons.

il Capo
CapoJim is offline  
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 60
I'm not looking to belittle the 790, just looking for people's opinions. I'll most likely be picking up a Duke in about a week. Thank you all for your input, smiles per hour is exactly what I'm looking for.
jimmyp is offline  
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:15 AM
Forum Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoJim View Post
I am OK with the look of the 790 Duke but not in love with it. What I am in love with is the feeling I get when I ride it. This bike is incredible in the corners. Very settled, handles bumps well and I just know where the front wheel is and what it is doing. I have been riding around 50 years and have had a lot of bikes but this one is the easiest for me to ride. It just fits me and my riding style. I really do not care what it looks like. I have a Ducati Paul Smart LE that I no longer ride. I just love looking at it so have not sold it but it is uncomfortable and the handling is nothing like the Duke. Hey these things are not necessities so we can only justify buying them by how big a smile they give us. These two diametrically opposed bikes both bring me smiles galore for very different reasons.
Funnily enough, i had an SC1000

DSC00779 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr
weeksy is online now  
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:16 AM
Forum Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
I'm not looking to belittle the 790, just looking for people's opinions. I'll most likely be picking up a Duke in about a week. Thank you all for your input, smiles per hour is exactly what I'm looking for.
DOn't worry Jimmy, we're not getting offended

test ride both mate, make an informed decision..
weeksy is online now  
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:49 AM
Full Throttle
 
cors187's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 5,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
I'm not looking to belittle the 790, just looking for people's opinions. I'll most likely be picking up a Duke in about a week. Thank you all for your input, smiles per hour is exactly what I'm looking for.
Yes , i didnt mean you either , i meant the top names brembo, ohlins, the discussion cant go anywhere if its against inhouse parts.

good luck

2008 1190 RC8
2007 690 SM

racers toolbox thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cors187 is online now  
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 60
Well I finally made my decision and picked up my new bike today. Duke 790 in orange. I only had a quick 40 mile ride home, but I think I'm gonna like this bike.....except for the mirrors, they suck. Thank you all for your opinions.
weeksy likes this.
jimmyp is offline  
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 09:29 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3
A good thread to read through, I was comparing the same - MT09, Triumph 765 RS and 790 Duke. Have decided on the 790 Duke for character and smiles per miles.
StrawbZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Color Scheme Change opinions... Pics inside :) dieselino RC8/RC8R 27 04-14-2013 09:25 PM
EBC clutch kit for RC8, opinions? Bigbikerrick RC8/RC8R 6 03-26-2013 11:17 AM
Need opinions on bikes pros and cons - switching from quads 250rfmx Offroad 4 strokes 7 01-03-2012 02:49 PM
KTM...Model Opinions "OLYMPIC VIEW" New Member Introductions 2 10-17-2010 10:23 PM
Valve clearance question..opinions? GGKTM Offroad 4 strokes 1 09-02-2010 08:09 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome