2014 Duke 690 IV Mods: PC5 Tuning - Page 10 - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum
 24Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Eh not a huge fan of the Akra. I had one on my S1000rr, but it is just so expensive for the Duke, I mean $800 just for a slip on damn. I like the look and price of the Yoshimura carbon much more. If it wasn't drifting season and I have to buy a ton of tires I would have already bought the Yoshi pipe. Just not enough to justify for looks alone, not much of a power adder at this point.

But yes, my ears will appreciate a new pipe when I get one

Quote:
Originally Posted by saifa View Post
Chix all that effort and no slip-on???

Sweet set-up, am jealous. What's your opinion on the fitment of the Fresco?
Fitment is fine, no issues. Totally worth it to get rid of that awful cat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 06:18 AM

Just picked up a 2nd hand PC5 which has a fuel and ignition map loaded.
Anyone want to share some maps with me so I can compare?
Setup is for Full Akra & DNA S1 & S2. May have had the cam too but I'm not sure. These are the maps:
sf_ds likes this.

Last edited by epic_monkey; 03-16-2016 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Fixed image link
post #93 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 11:49 AM
Silver Member

Question for you people with PC5 installed: When you twist the throttle to WOT, does it show in PC5 as 100% under the % Throttle reading? Mine only goes up to 15%.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 12:51 PM
Silver Member

2014 Duke 690 IV Mods: PC5 Tuning

I don't have one but look in your documentation for how to recalibrate the TPS function in the PC5 software.

Last edited by DukeRider; 03-16-2016 at 12:54 PM.
post #95 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 11:52 PM

It will not show 100% throttle if, the bike is not running. If you start it up and rev it, it will come up correctly. The manual says to calibrate ride by wire on a dyno
alxb likes this.
post #96 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 11:57 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milez1987 View Post
It will not show 100% throttle if, the bike is not running. If you start it up and rev it, it will come up correctly. The manual says to calibrate ride by wire on a dyno
Indeed, You don't want to go WOT while the bike is in neutral. I sort of ballparked it until I take it to the dyno next month.
post #97 of 102 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

I haven't had a chance to really look over them, but here are some maps. First is fuel, second is ignition.
First one is from a member here
Second is the Arrow/stock air filter map from PC's website
Third is the Akra DB removed/stock air filter from PC's website

Member's map
Fuel

Ignition

Arrow/stock filter
Fuel

Ignition

Akra/stock filter
Fuel

Ignition
epic_monkey, sf_ds and aquoc like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #98 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 12:48 PM

Thanks guys for a great thread! I was just curious though, those numbers it just adjusts duration of fuel? What does the numbers mean, are they incremental? + numbers increase fuel and - numbers decrease? so for example +7 is adding less fuel then +10? Could someone please clarify this?

I am in the same boat but I have a 2010 duke. I have a drop in filer and the snorkle cut out of the airbox and just modified my stock exhaust and removed the Cat. I was at around 4000-6000 feet in elevation and since i moved to sea level my bike is been running WAY to lean. So I was going to get the PC5 but these fuel tables are a little confusing having little experience with them. Is auto tune a necessity or can I just add fuel myself over the entire map?

I was planning on just getting a wideband 02 sensor and a gauge and just manually adjust fueling until it always reads the correct AFR. My only problem is I need to know what the numbers mean so I can make the adjustments. I know that is more involved then just spending the money on auto tune but it seems like more fun!
post #99 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 09:34 AM

Were these maps made by dynojet or did people post them on their site? Just wondering why the ignition maps are different.
post #100 of 102 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
Thanks guys for a great thread! I was just curious though, those numbers it just adjusts duration of fuel? What does the numbers mean, are they incremental? + numbers increase fuel and - numbers decrease? so for example +7 is adding less fuel then +10? Could someone please clarify this?
From Googleing it when I was trying to adjust mine seems like the - are a subtracted percentage and the + are an added percentage.

-7 would be 7% less fuel
+9 would be 9% more fuel

Not sure how the PC system works on a 2010 though as most of us are dealing with the drive by wire Dukes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
Were these maps made by dynojet or did people post them on their site? Just wondering why the ignition maps are different.
I honestly don't know, I would assume the maps on the DJ website would be approved by them. I tried the Arrow map for ****s and giggles when I was trouble shooting my map. Super dead map for my mods, but it gave me something to work with.

Last edited by chixwithtrix; 05-21-2016 at 02:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode