KTM has it’s best day in MotoGP - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Mega Poster
 
Hammerhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 541
KTM has it’s best day in MotoGP

KTM wins the Moto2 and Moto3 races and podiums the GP at Valencia. Yeah, it rained, so what? Everyone had to race under the same conditions and Marquez and Rossi crashed out. But we’ll take it.
Hammerhead is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:06 AM
Forum Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
KTM wins the Moto2 and Moto3 races and podiums the GP at Valencia. Yeah, it rained, so what? Everyone had to race under the same conditions and Marquez and Rossi crashed out. But we’ll take it.
Moto3 kid was awesome.... Olivera i'd exepct nothing less... Spag P, very very impressive performance.
weeksy is online now  
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:39 AM
Mega Poster
 
anotheronetoday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England
Posts: 529
Garage
So are we going to see race replica bikes for sale in the next year or 2?

Fun is riding your bike to its limit
anotheronetoday is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 05:51 AM
Forum Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheronetoday View Post
So are we going to see race replica bikes for sale in the next year or 2?
You'd think a 790 race rep would sell, especially if it were allowed in Minitwins classes etc. But many sportsbike/track riders want 200bhp over everything else,
weeksy is online now  
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 08:08 AM
Mega Poster
 
anotheronetoday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England
Posts: 529
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksy View Post
You'd think a 790 race rep would sell, especially if it were allowed in Minitwins classes etc. But many sportsbike/track riders want 200bhp over everything else,
Sad but true

Fun is riding your bike to its limit
anotheronetoday is offline  
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Mega Poster
 
Hammerhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 541
The GP bike is a V4, the Moto 3 bike is s single and the Moto 2 bikes are all Triumph 675-powered. Coupled to the factory’s lack of a liter or liter+ class street sportbike, not much there to market. But if things keep moving forward in MotoGP, who knows?
Hammerhead is online now  
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 09:39 AM
Mega Poster
 
anotheronetoday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England
Posts: 529
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
The GP bike is a V4, the Moto 3 bike is s single and the Moto 2 bikes are all Triumph 675-powered. Coupled to the factory’s lack of a liter or liter+ class street sportbike, not much there to market. But if things keep moving forward in MotoGP, who knows?

well KTM are clearly spending lots on money on this at the moment, You have to ask yourself why.........

no bike business spends this money unless they think the can get payback by selling bikes.

Fun is riding your bike to its limit
anotheronetoday is offline  
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Mega Poster
 
Hammerhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheronetoday View Post
[l


well KTM are clearly spending lots on money on this at the moment, You have to ask yourself why.........

no bike business spends this money unless they think the can get payback by selling bikes.
True but the bikes they plan to sell might not be direct descendants like the R1M and the Panigale V4.

MotoGP is the cutting edge of electronic rider aids and KTM (along with Bosch) has shown great interest in how that translates to the street.
Hammerhead is online now  
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 11:50 AM
Mega Poster
 
anotheronetoday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England
Posts: 529
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
True but the bikes they plan to sell might not be direct descendants like the R1M and the Panigale V4.

MotoGP is the cutting edge of electronic rider aids and KTM (along with Bosch) has shown great interest in how that translates to the street.

electronic rider aids have generally got to be good news for the majority of riders so if this is the least we get out of it it's still a win.

i just suspect there will be more

Fun is riding your bike to its limit
anotheronetoday is offline  
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Mega Poster
 
Hammerhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 541
It’s a new day

Pol Espargaro 6th fastest and Johann Zarco gets his first laps in testing today.
Hammerhead is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome