Hello from ny - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Hello from ny

Hi guys I'm new here thanks in advance

I have few questions about my rc8r specially with the backfire on deceleration after installing the slip on exhaust bike feels weird but the sound is great ...

Hope there is no motor damage since is low mileage 2200

I need to get my bike dyno tune so ....so I would like to know what setting the bike needs since I don't wanna no popping noise and get the best performance possible ....

Bike is stock except the slip on

Thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:36 PM
Mega Poster

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to AusPete
Hey welcome to the forum. Lots of good advice around here. Stock bike with slip on will nearly always result in backfire on deceleration. Anecdotally a bit less if you leave the db killers in place. There will be a more thorough and correct answer in here for sure.

2016 Superduke GT - lucky #13
10 MV Agusta 1078 Brutale
13 BMW K1300S
10 Suzuki GSXR-750
11 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
07 Triumph Speed Triple
98 BMW R1100S
Yamaha FZR 600
Honda CB1100R
Kawasaki Z1R Mk2
Moto Guzzi T850
Ducati 900SS
77 Kawasaki Z650
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 01:27 AM
Forum Junkie

TuneECU can be used for the RC8s, works well and plenty of maps about.

Is the bike completely stock or have any mods other than the exhaust ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPete View Post
Hey welcome to the forum. Lots of good advice around here. Stock bike with slip on will nearly always result in backfire on deceleration. Anecdotally a bit less if you leave the db killers in place. There will be a more thorough and correct answer in here for sure.
Thanks a lot man but do t have the db killer
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksy View Post
TuneECU can be used for the RC8s, works well and plenty of maps about.

Is the bike completely stock or have any mods other than the exhaust ?
Complete stock

Don't know much about maps dan you give me some advise in how to deal with dyno tune cuz I don't wanna get there and tell the guy

Hey my bike is backfiring fix it up or give the full power to the guy Mess with my computer

Thanks a lot
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:05 AM

Garage
Cool Welcome and...

Welcome to the site and where bouts in NY are ya I'm in Syracuse and always looking to ride, enjoy the site, lots of good people and lots of info to read,...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechain View Post
Welcome to the site and where bouts in NY are ya I'm in Syracuse and always looking to ride, enjoy the site, lots of good people and lots of info to read,...
Thank man for the reply I'm live in westchester county I don't ride a lot man I keep it local

Take care man thanks again for the reply

✌️Ride safe out there
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:21 AM
Forum Junkie

Watch that, come back with next questions.

My question though
If you've spoken to Dyno man, what is he planning on using ? You can't just take to a dyno and say "Tune that".... He needs a process/hardware to connect to the ECU and then change/manipulate the data ?

Sometimes that's a direct ECU flash, sometimes a power commander, sometimes TuneECU... .but you'd have to ask him what he'll use for your specific bike. Not many 'know' TuneECU and not many know it well enough to define tables/parameters etc.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbw9tI5gRCU

My question though
If you've spoken to Dyno man, what is he planning on using ? You can't just take to a dyno and say "Tune that".... He needs a process/hardware to connect to the ECU and then change/manipulate the data ?

Sometimes that's a direct ECU flash, sometimes a power commander, sometimes TuneECU... .but you'd have to ask him what he'll use for your specific bike. Not many 'know' TuneECU and not many know it well enough to define tables/parameters etc.
Dude thanks a lot for the reply I figured that now I'll be calling this place in New Jersey call motorcycle mall in Belleville nj
They will be open at 10 am

But I got it talk to the guys there check it out if you have time and tell me what you think I believe they know their stuff since I see s1000rr and H2 getting tune there plus some good reviews
let me know

Thanks I'll keep you posted
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbw9tI5gRCU

My question though

Dude I spoke with the service manager there and he said I must buy a power commander in order for these guys tune my bike properly I call the company in Las Vegas and they are sending me a pc5 they said is the latest model once the pc is on my bike they can probably help I hope I did the right thing without and I'm on the right track ..... let me know dude what you think any more advise will be appreciated

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode