Coming over from the Dark side... - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Maddmike

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Coming over from the Dark side...

I'm about to be a new to me KTM Super Duke owner. I have been riding mainly BMWs for year but have owned everything from Honda to Harley.

I just sold my 16 S1000XR and my HP2 Sport. I picked the XR up two years ago when I went in to look at a SDGT and there were some XR leftovers on the floor and the dealer made me an offer I could not refuse. THe XR was an amazing bike and could do pretty much everything well and quickly. However, having a toddler made long, multi-day trips not a realistic possibility.

I decided I was going to be a responsible dad and spend my weekends with my family--especially since we are planning #2. Besides, I did not have any local riding buddies and I was spending minimal time in the saddle. My 15 mile commute did not justify a Sport GT type of bike.

Less than a month later, I got the itch again. I thought that maybe I would just find something small to tool around on. However, I could not find anything that I felt happy with. Playing around in the classified section on ADVRider, I found a SD in immaculate condition with some nice farkles at just under 9k miles. The price was right and a couple k over a 10-year-old Yamaha. Having never owned a KTM and since I have been eyeing them and test riding them for a couple years, I went for it.

Bike is about 600 miles away so I am flying out this Friday and taking the long, twisty way home.

Not sure is anyone here know this bike or any comments and suggestions on what to check for on pick up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9Lps0v.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	88412   Click image for larger version

Name:	pUreAoC.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	715.2 KB
ID:	88414   Click image for larger version

Name:	OFeU4J4.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	88416  
weeksy and IDTrav like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

I guess I have been stalking KTM for 4 years based on my forum join date.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:42 AM
Mega Poster

Location: Sebastian Florida A drinking village with a fishing problem. 27.7652N 80.4382W
Bike looks good and has some bucks put into it already. Have fun on that ride back and don't forget the helmet cam.
You're going to have a blast while wishing it was 1600 miles away.

Sticker on a minivan said "I'm a veterinarian so I can drive like an animal". This explains all the proctologists out there?

A guy farted while I was on the elevator ... that is rude on so many levels!

I do all my own stunts but not intentionally.

Dude, Keep your dick beaters off my bike!

Needed a password that was eight characters long.
So I picked Snow White and the seven dwarfs

Reading a book on the history of glue ... can't put it down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
Bike looks good and has some bucks put into it already. Have fun on that ride back and don't forget the helmet cam.
You're going to have a blast while wishing it was 1600 miles away.
Thanks! Yeah the S1000XR I sold was very farkled out with a ECU, full exhaust, Clearwater lights, seats, screens, bars, you name it. I didn't want to add it all up or I would have cried. So, I was happy to pick up a bike with some goodies already.

I have not had luck with helmet cams. Is there one you suggest?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 12:48 PM
Mega Poster

Location: Sebastian Florida A drinking village with a fishing problem. 27.7652N 80.4382W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmike View Post
Thanks! Yeah the S1000XR I sold was very farkled out with a ECU, full exhaust, Clearwater lights, seats, screens, bars, you name it. I didn't want to add it all up or I would have cried. So, I was happy to pick up a bike with some goodies already.

I have not had luck with helmet cams. Is there one you suggest?
I should shut the hell up cuz I too have found lousy helmet cams. Don't care for those big, ugly, square GoPro's.
Presently using Garmin virb cuz it's at least got a nod toward airflow. There was another here (on site) someone mentioned but forgot the name ... sounded better and good price if I recall?

Sticker on a minivan said "I'm a veterinarian so I can drive like an animal". This explains all the proctologists out there?

A guy farted while I was on the elevator ... that is rude on so many levels!

I do all my own stunts but not intentionally.

Dude, Keep your dick beaters off my bike!

Needed a password that was eight characters long.
So I picked Snow White and the seven dwarfs

Reading a book on the history of glue ... can't put it down!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
I should shut the hell up cuz I too have found lousy helmet cams. Don't care for those big, ugly, square GoPro's.
Presently using Garmin virb cuz it's at least got a nod toward airflow. There was another here (on site) someone mentioned but forgot the name ... sounded better and good price if I recall?
I gave the last one I bought to my brother-in-law. It was such a pain to use.

I went ahead and ordered the Sena one on Amazon as at least it will get here in time. It is also less intrusive looking than some other models and I use their bluetooth systems so I figured it can't be too bad. Had decent reviews on Amazon.

We will see.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

This is the camera I ordered. At least it was cheap. There are expensive ones with worse reviews so I figured I would give it a try.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 12:08 AM
Forum Junkie

Welcome in, looks lovely ! Enjoy the new toy.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Picking her up tomorrow evening. Wish me luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode