tune ecu maps RC8 - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

tune ecu maps RC8

i have some tune ecu maps if u want to try just pm me
the really unleash the the bikes ,incredibly smooth power delivery no jerkiness and nasty pull on big end .they are not lean only 13.2 afr and timing set 93 octane gas with 10 percent ethanol

i have maps for rc8r 09-10 with or without full club kit and 11-12
they are set up for bmc air filters and akra exhuast evo 4 but i would like someone to try with a slip on it would just b a little fat
jdawgcncdaddy likes this.

akrapovic #18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Forum Junkie

F

m

f

post #3 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 10:20 AM

I got a tune from scott.. The thing is a beast!!!..Got rid of the jerkyness..Very smooth power. I LIKE IT!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 11:28 AM

Looking around, it sounds like the Map from Bonehead is the best for a Stock 2010. I am probably picking up the bike this Saturnday and of course I can't leave it stock. That just isn't like me.
Can someone shoot me that map and also fill me in a bit more on what to expect from stock to his map?
post #5 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
F

m

f
give it a shot 50.00 cable it might shock u
tiger_one likes this.

akrapovic #18
post #6 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Forum Junkie

Oh come on bro i know youre maps are gonna belegit! I was just kidding about the fmf map post. I was just postibg that because it seems to get brought up in damn near every thread on this forum hahahaha

I have two more maps i need to try out that i paid for from a local ktm tech here in CA. right now im satified. i have a trackday august 18 at autoclub. i have a feeling ill want to move up after that. if i do ill of course hit you up like i always do.

post #7 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Silver Member

I have a 2011, with an Akra evo 4. I have been testing ReynoldsKTM maps. They drastically improve mid range in 4th and 5th gear, (couldn't check 6th, kept running out of road). The only way I can explain it is that 4th feels like a long hard pulling 2nd gear. Low end throttle response is quite smooth and crisp as well.

I really need to check out on the track, but that won't happen till september for me. Will keep all updated, but already a big improvement over the 0331 map.

Cheers
post #8 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM0001 View Post
Looking around, it sounds like the Map from Bonehead is the best for a Stock 2010. I am probably picking up the bike this Saturnday and of course I can't leave it stock. That just isn't like me.
Can someone shoot me that map and also fill me in a bit more on what to expect from stock to his map?
Boneheads map is for a '08 stock exhaust with high flow filter, I have the same map adjusted for a '09 known as simon's map
post #9 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTriple View Post
Boneheads map is for a '08 stock exhaust with high flow filter, I have the same map adjusted for a '09 known as simon's map
I found that one on the UK forum. Being that the 09 and 10 are essentially the same bike (as far as I can tell), flashing it to the 10 should work without a hitch correct?

How are you enjoying the map? Sounds good from what I have red but man actual Details are hard to come by around here lol. Short blurbs, relevant or otherwise, are aplenty.

First thing I will probably do is compare Stock/Bonehead's tune, then Sell my Sprint ST's D&D Exhaust (and stock bags) to get one for this bike. Followed by whatever other little mods I need here and there (needs a Tinted Windscreen, possibly a G2, etc...).

Ha I don't even own the bike yet and already am looking for things to buy for it. It is a sickness with all my vehicles.
post #10 of 162 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Silver Member

Bike had fueling problems when I first got it surged like a bastard, I changed the map and installed the orange throttle tube, now smooth as silk. Then again riding it and getting used to it also smoothes things out. I remember when I first got the bike I couldn't get it into neutral to save my life had to shut
The bike off and use my hand, now it's no big deal !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode