I am putting the 2019 handguards on a 2016 GT - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 25
I am putting the 2019 handguards on a 2016 GT

Hi. I'm new here so I thought I would begin by adding something of value to the forum. I just ordered a set of 2019 handguards for my 16' GT. I'll let you know how the fitment went and give a review. They'll be here at the end of the week, fingers crossed.
DG Rig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 06:34 AM
Mega Poster
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Rig View Post
Hi. I'm new here so I thought I would begin by adding something of value to the forum. I just ordered a set of 2019 handguards for my 16' GT. I'll let you know how the fitment went and give a review. They'll be here at the end of the week, fingers crossed.
Looking forward to your report. I've been thinking about this and was going to drive over to my dealer to eyeball them on the '19 they just got. Fortunately I emailed them and was told that the bike arrived with an IOU for the handguards. Do post a pic when you do -- I'm wondering if I can fit bar end mirrors with them; I couldn't with the Puig's I tried.

'61 BSA Clubman's Gold Star, '13 Daytona 675R (track bike), '13 Duke 690, '17 1290 GT, '18 Street Triple RS
Chip is online now  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 04:51 PM
Forum Junkie
 
2cati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Rig View Post
Hi. I'm new here so I thought I would begin by adding something of value to the forum. I just ordered a set of 2019 handguards for my 16' GT. I'll let you know how the fitment went and give a review. They'll be here at the end of the week, fingers crossed.

What are the part numbers for the OEM GT hand guards? I might consider putting these on my new SDR.

Keep us posted on the progress with lots of photos of the parts - I've seen these briefly on a 2019 GT show bike ...
2cati is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cati View Post
What are the part numbers for the OEM GT hand guards? I might consider putting these on my new SDR.

Keep us posted on the progress with lots of photos of the parts - I've seen these briefly on a 2019 GT show bike ...

I am putting the 2019 handguards on a 2016 GT-img_1351.jpg

8 *0912080451 Screw w.hex.socket M8x45-8.8 b 2

9 *62002080053 CLAMP INTERNAL 2

33 *61502079000CB
Hand guard kit 1

34 *61502082000C1
Handguard bracket left 1

35 *61502083000C1
Handguard bracket right 1




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2cati likes this.
JoePalma is online now  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 25
I've gotten the kit. It consists of two plastic handguards and nothing else. I'm not sure they know what the word "kit" means in Austria. Regardless, the cost of the brackets bumps the price for the guards up to nearly $400! The brackets are backordered until the 24th of the month. It seems a bit dear.
DG Rig is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 07:08 AM
Mega Poster
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Rig View Post
I've gotten the kit. It consists of two plastic handguards and nothing else. I'm not sure they know what the word "kit" means in Austria. Regardless, the cost of the brackets bumps the price for the guards up to nearly $400! The brackets are backordered until the 24th of the month. It seems a bit dear.
+2. Any way of mounting them to the stock bar end weight and fashioning an inside clamp? I'd love to see a picture the guards from above.

'61 BSA Clubman's Gold Star, '13 Daytona 675R (track bike), '13 Duke 690, '17 1290 GT, '18 Street Triple RS
Chip is online now  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 07:43 AM
Forum Junkie
 
2cati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,046
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePalma View Post
Attachment 86562

8 *0912080451 Screw w.hex.socket M8x45-8.8 b 2

9 *62002080053 CLAMP INTERNAL 2

33 *61502079000CB
Hand guard kit 1

34 *61502082000C1
Handguard bracket left 1

35 *61502083000C1
Handguard bracket right 1




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting a diagram and specific part numbers ...a picture is worth a thousand words - ! Thanks for these details!
2cati is online now  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 07:45 AM
Forum Junkie
 
2cati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,046
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Rig View Post
I've gotten the kit. It consists of two plastic handguards and nothing else. I'm not sure they know what the word "kit" means in Austria. Regardless, the cost of the brackets bumps the price for the guards up to nearly $400! The brackets are backordered until the 24th of the month. It seems a bit dear.
Keep us posted - these are going to be very expensive handgaurds !!

Kindly post pictures of the "kit".....and the other parts when they come in...
2cati is online now  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 08:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 126
I read recently that there was an manufacturing issue hence why many '19's don't have them yet and they're on back order as spares. Might explain why the "kit" only had the plastics as I know some '19 users have the same.

Apparently the new fittings are due to roll out in the next few weeks.
ScottyUK is online now  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
+2. Any way of mounting them to the stock bar end weight and fashioning an inside clamp? I'd love to see a picture the guards from above.
No. The guards only attach at the brackets. I have a friend that can fabricate things and owes me some favors so maybe he and I will have a chat. I haven't posted pictures in a long time. I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by DG Rig; 03-16-2019 at 09:10 AM.
DG Rig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When will the 2019 GT's be available in the US? extrapolator Super Duke 43 02-17-2019 07:42 AM
1997 ktm duke 620 help>>> Bangin-gmc Duke 2 03-06-2016 11:16 PM
<<<2013 Duke 690 R>>> tjobbie Bike & Rider of the Season 2 09-07-2015 06:20 AM
Anyone ever have this issue putting the tank back on pmason718 RC8/RC8R 8 04-09-2015 11:44 AM
Putting tank back on-- Duke 690 (2008-11) duelist13 Duke 10 06-19-2013 08:11 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome