Considering the Pit Bull Hybrid One Armed Rear Stand for SDGT - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
haroldo_psf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 40
Considering the Pit Bull Hybrid One Armed Rear Stand for SDGT

I have a $150 gift card to RevZilla, and was thinking about a stand, since I have no way to oil the chain other than walking the bike with a buddy, or do a section at a time on my own.

I never used any stand before, on any bike. My concern is not knowing if this stand can be used by a single person (no help) to put the bike on and off of it?

Anyone has experience with this?
haroldo_psf is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 01:00 PM
Senior Member
 
WyldCFH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 132
Garage
This should help answer your question...

2018 SDR Owners Manual >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WyldCFH is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:10 PM
Senior Member
 
GaryCulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldo_psf View Post
I have a $150 gift card to RevZilla, and was thinking about a stand, since I have no way to oil the chain other than walking the bike with a buddy, or do a section at a time on my own.

I never used any stand before, on any bike. My concern is not knowing if this stand can be used by a single person (no help) to put the bike on and off of it?

Anyone has experience with this?
Pit Bull & ABBA are great. You can set on the bike with the ABBA but, not recommended with a pitbull. If you are looking for something to just oil the chain then consider a Tirox Snapjack SS ( https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tirox-snapjack-ss ). Use mine when on trips. Best,

Doc
GaryCulb is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
haroldo_psf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryCulb View Post
Pit Bull & ABBA are great. You can set on the bike with the ABBA but, not recommended with a pitbull. If you are looking for something to just oil the chain then consider a Tirox Snapjack SS ( https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tirox-snapjack-ss ). Use mine when on trips. Best,

Doc
You're the second person to mention this ABBA one. I can't find much info on it. Their website has models for "superbike" stand, and specific model for the bmw K1300. I don't know which one would fit ours. Anyone knows?
haroldo_psf is online now  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:09 PM
Senior Member
 
GaryCulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldo_psf View Post
You're the second person to mention this ABBA one. I can't find much info on it. Their website has models for "superbike" stand, and specific model for the bmw K1300. I don't know which one would fit ours. Anyone knows?
If you are looking for a bike stand that is like a center stand for the KTM SDGT you cannot go wrong with

ABBA Superbike Stand: https://abbastandsusa.com/product-de...ke-stand&pid=1 , consider getting an extra set of fittings ( https://abbastandsusa.com/product-de...ng-kits&pid=27 ).

Best,

Doc

GaryCulb is online now  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 06:45 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 26
I also have the ABBA stand and love it.
JC1290GT is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Senior Member
 
WyldCFH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 132
Garage
I have an Abba Sky Lift and love it. I've been debating new bikes and one criteria is a fitting kit for my Sky Lift.

2018 SDR Owners Manual >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WyldCFH is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldCFH View Post
I have an Abba Sky Lift and love it. I've been debating new bikes and one criteria is a fitting kit for my Sky Lift.
Haha! Now THAT is some love!
extrapolator is online now  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Member
 
Clogan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 30
I have the ABBA and love it. Alas, your Revzilla coupon won't help you with ABBA. I'd use it for a snap-jack, then buy the ABBA direct.
Clogan is online now  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 59
That’s what I got.
Works great.
I actually got mine on Craigslist for $80. Guy had it for a Triumph Street Triple. But after a little research, realized the pin is the same size, so I bought it.

Yes, I lift it by myself easily and safely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08B19900-2283-4517-B540-4EEF76CBB448_1554860835055.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	87126   Click image for larger version

Name:	ABE9D182-D112-4CB8-8E74-BE751C225528_1554860848575.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	944.4 KB
ID:	87128  
runnerhiker likes this.
PC1978 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pit Bull KTM Trailer Restraint Systems RidersDiscount Riders Discount 4 04-19-2019 09:25 PM
For Sale - SDR Pit Bull Stand (Like New) Ferdinand Super Duke 4 05-25-2017 12:42 AM
Pit Bull Newfront Motorcycle Stands RidersDiscount Riders Discount 1 03-11-2010 01:47 PM
Pit Bull Rear Motorcycle Stands RidersDiscount Riders Discount 0 02-09-2010 09:33 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome