Considering the Pit Bull Hybrid One Armed Rear Stand for SDGT - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Considering the Pit Bull Hybrid One Armed Rear Stand for SDGT

I have a $150 gift card to RevZilla, and was thinking about a stand, since I have no way to oil the chain other than walking the bike with a buddy, or do a section at a time on my own.

I never used any stand before, on any bike. My concern is not knowing if this stand can be used by a single person (no help) to put the bike on and off of it?

Anyone has experience with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 01:00 PM

Garage
This should help answer your question...

2018 SDR Owners Manual >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldo_psf View Post
I have a $150 gift card to RevZilla, and was thinking about a stand, since I have no way to oil the chain other than walking the bike with a buddy, or do a section at a time on my own.

I never used any stand before, on any bike. My concern is not knowing if this stand can be used by a single person (no help) to put the bike on and off of it?

Anyone has experience with this?
Pit Bull & ABBA are great. You can set on the bike with the ABBA but, not recommended with a pitbull. If you are looking for something to just oil the chain then consider a Tirox Snapjack SS ( https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tirox-snapjack-ss ). Use mine when on trips. Best,

Doc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryCulb View Post
Pit Bull & ABBA are great. You can set on the bike with the ABBA but, not recommended with a pitbull. If you are looking for something to just oil the chain then consider a Tirox Snapjack SS ( https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tirox-snapjack-ss ). Use mine when on trips. Best,

Doc
You're the second person to mention this ABBA one. I can't find much info on it. Their website has models for "superbike" stand, and specific model for the bmw K1300. I don't know which one would fit ours. Anyone knows?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldo_psf View Post
You're the second person to mention this ABBA one. I can't find much info on it. Their website has models for "superbike" stand, and specific model for the bmw K1300. I don't know which one would fit ours. Anyone knows?
If you are looking for a bike stand that is like a center stand for the KTM SDGT you cannot go wrong with

ABBA Superbike Stand: https://abbastandsusa.com/product-de...ke-stand&pid=1 , consider getting an extra set of fittings ( https://abbastandsusa.com/product-de...ng-kits&pid=27 ).

Best,

Doc

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 06:45 PM

I also have the ABBA stand and love it.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 06:54 PM

Garage
I have an Abba Sky Lift and love it. I've been debating new bikes and one criteria is a fitting kit for my Sky Lift.

2018 SDR Owners Manual >>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldCFH View Post
I have an Abba Sky Lift and love it. I've been debating new bikes and one criteria is a fitting kit for my Sky Lift.
Haha! Now THAT is some love!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:35 PM

I have the ABBA and love it. Alas, your Revzilla coupon won't help you with ABBA. I'd use it for a snap-jack, then buy the ABBA direct.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:51 PM

That’s what I got.
Works great.
I actually got mine on Craigslist for $80. Guy had it for a Triumph Street Triple. But after a little research, realized the pin is the same size, so I bought it.

Yes, I lift it by myself easily and safely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08B19900-2283-4517-B540-4EEF76CBB448_1554860835055.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	87126   Click image for larger version

Name:	ABE9D182-D112-4CB8-8E74-BE751C225528_1554860848575.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	944.4 KB
ID:	87128  
runnerhiker likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode