Any SDR Seth Laam seat reviews? - KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Forum Junkie

Any SDR Seth Laam seat reviews?

All this talk about the Seth Laam seat for the GT has me wondering if anyone has had it done for an SDR.

Anyone know of any reviews or owners that have had their SDR seat modified?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cati View Post
All this talk about the Seth Laam seat for the GT has me wondering if anyone has had it done for an SDR.

Anyone know of any reviews or owners that have had their SDR seat modified?
For what it's worth I think Seth Laam makes the best seats in the business no matter what bike. He just understands the function and comfort issues. The first seat I every had him make (I've had 5 Laam seats) was on my 07 GSXR 1000. First off there isn't much seat to work with. He made that seat perfectly. That GSXR was comfortable and I could still move around, hang off etc. Since then he's made seats for an SV 1000S, 2 Kawasaki Concours and the SDGT. Best thing is to try and talk to him or his partner there. If they make a seat for you're SDR, chances are you'll think the same as I do: Laam is the best. Just my opinion based on my experience with his work on my bikes.
Cheers,
Matt Guss
2cati likes this.

If stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out? -- Will Rogers

Current bikes: 2017 KTM SuperDuke GT, Ducati 959 track bike. Past bikes 2012 Concours, 2007 GSXR 1000, 2006 GSXR 750 track bike, '08 CBR1000RR, '03 SV1000S, '00 Bandit 600 (best starter bike anybody could have)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Guss View Post
For what it's worth I think Seth Laam makes the best seats in the business no matter what bike. He just understands the function and comfort issues. The first seat I every had him make (I've had 5 Laam seats) was on my 07 GSXR 1000. First off there isn't much seat to work with. He made that seat perfectly. That GSXR was comfortable and I could still move around, hang off etc. Since then he's made seats for an SV 1000S, 2 Kawasaki Concours and the SDGT. Best thing is to try and talk to him or his partner there. If they make a seat for you're SDR, chances are you'll think the same as I do: Laam is the best. Just my opinion based on my experience with his work on my bikes.
Cheers,
Matt Guss

Thanks! Did you do a "ride in" or just sent him your seats?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 05:48 AM
Mega Poster

Quote:
Don't know about Matt, but I just sent mine in. He wants pics of you on the bike and a fair bit of other info with the seat. Then when he gets to your seat he calls and asks for 20-30 minutes of your time. He is very thorough and it worked for me.
Matt Guss likes this.

'61 BSA Clubman's Gold Star, '13 Daytona 675R (track bike), '13 Duke 690, '17 1290 GT, '18 Street Triple RS
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I just shipped my seats to Seth. A friend did a ride in and it worked out great and was fun to do it in person.

Current bikes: 2017 KTM SuperDuke GT, Ducati 959 track bike. Past bikes 2012 Concours, 2007 GSXR 1000, 2006 GSXR 750 track bike, '08 CBR1000RR, '03 SV1000S, '00 Bandit 600 (best starter bike anybody could have)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 08:06 PM

Please excuse this aside. I'll try to make it worth your while. I've gotten a Rick Mayer, a Russell Day Long, and a Corbin. I've ridden in to each shop to have the seat work done. I live between the three shops. I kept hearing about these Seth Laam seats. Then I check the website just now and he lives in Redding, CA. That's where Rick Mayer made seats and it's only about and hour from Russell. I guess they all know each other there. Just sharing. I guess I'm riding up to Redding again. Here's a tip, there's a town called Red Bluff 30 minutes south of Redding. From Red Bluff you can take Hwy 36 all the way out to the coast. On that road they have a famous road sign warning you that the next 140 is all curvy! It's legit. It's a wonderful place to be if you're on a fast KTM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Rig View Post
Please excuse this aside. I'll try to make it worth your while. I've gotten a Rick Mayer, a Russell Day Long, and a Corbin. I've ridden in to each shop to have the seat work done. I live between the three shops. I kept hearing about these Seth Laam seats. Then I check the website just now and he lives in Redding, CA. That's where Rick Mayer made seats and it's only about and hour from Russell. I guess they all know each other there. Just sharing. I guess I'm riding up to Redding again. Here's a tip, there's a town called Red Bluff 30 minutes south of Redding. From Red Bluff you can take Hwy 36 all the way out to the coast. On that road they have a famous road sign warning you that the next 140 is all curvy! It's legit. It's a wonderful place to be if you're on a fast KTM.
I'm not sure but I think Seth Laam learned his craft at Russell back awhile

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:33 PM

Hey DG, it certainly isn't 140 miles of curves, but it is awesome, and a beautiful ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1190_30_1_50.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	88754  

Last edited by Boostmeister; 06-06-2019 at 09:35 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostmeister View Post
Hey DG, it certainly isn't 140 miles of curves, but it is awesome, and a beautiful ride.
Where's this?

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Guss View Post
Where's this?
Hi Matt. This is US 12 from Lewiston, Idaho to Missoula, Montana. That route is about 217 miles that follow the Clearwater, Lochsa, Crooked Fork rivers and the West Fork of Lolo Creek. The "Winding Road Next 99 Miles" sign is located at Kooskia, ID. There is lots of beautiful riding (West to East) to arrive at Kooskia, and then another 132 miles of spectacular beauty, ending at Lolo. There have been quite a number of fires in the last 20 miles of that ride, but still great riding. The Lolo Pass ride is not to be missed, and one of the top three or four bike rides in the US.
Matt Guss likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the KTM Forums: KTM Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode