KTM Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I'm new here, and this will be my first post.

well Looking to move up to a bigger bike(RM80)
(been riding my RM80 since i was 13)
&
today I'm 19 135lbs 5'9, and I'm too big for my bike
&
I thinking about buying a KTM

My dad still wants me to ride trails with him, but at the same time I want to ride dirt tracks in CA

Will this bike be good for both trail & track?

I can't get a red sticker bike & the KTM250-w 4-stroke is green sticker in CA.

I also been looking at the Honda crf250x
If I were to take the lights off when I go to the track, will it be find?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the honda is 225pounds & the ktm326pounds correct?

let me know what you guys think

-Jonathan

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jonathan,

This is my first post as well, but I wanted to give you my 2 cents on the bike. I bought an 07 KTM250xc-w and it rocks. I ride a 06 450xc and we trade off on a regular basis. She is 5'6" 130lbs(dont let her know i said that) and can handle the bike really well. I'm 6'3" 215 and I love to rip around on the 250. It has great low end torque and will scream in the high RPMs. Your only concern about the 250 might be that the suspension is a little soft for some of your track doubles and triples. Of course if you have the $ you can get that taken care of.

Overall I have riden both the Honda 250x and KTM250 when I was trying to find the right bike for my wife. They are both great bikes, but you'll be happiest with the pumpkin...

·
Registered
2 Posts
ktm or honda

I've had a 04 250x and liked the bike alot. I now have a 300 exc and love it.I asked my dealer what is the big difference since he sells both. His reply was now that you have had both bikes your third will be a ktm. I asked why and his reply was "fun factor" he is right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts