KTM Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I blew a fork seal. They come in pairs, the replacements. So how in the hell can I pay 300 bucks everytime I ride crazy mud.......?
Or learn to do it my self. Or is there a product to keep this from happening?
I kinda like riding mud a little btw....
Thanks gents for any solutions to adding and other 3 hundo to the 11k toy. That I love! 18 300 xcw

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Awright now!! Enough whining!! Ya wanna play ya gotta pay!! It’s been a tough riding season with the wet/muddy conditions, but you can help yourself with a seal saver scraper to keep your seal wipers and seals cleaned out. You can make your own by cutting a plastic soap bottle into curved shape and carefully inserting it under fork wiper and flush the crud and mud with WD40 or CRC556 with spray tube sprayed into opening created by scraper. You will find the purpose made scrapers are a bit safer as the homemade ones sharp edge can damage seal lip. This should become a regular post ride service job for muddy riding conditions. I’m sending you a PM with name of a great suspension guy.

·
Registered
566 Posts
To replace fork seals is not rocket science. You will find many good videos of how to do it on You Tube. There are also "seal savers" you can buy and fit on your forks that keep most of the dirt away from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Axzon
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing