KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can find the full instructions on how to fit the extra parts that come with the full Akrapovic Evo exhaust for the SDR? Purchased the system and about to install myself, but it comes with a few bags of parts that iv not got a clue where it all goes (e.g long black hose, 3 connector blanks, and a few bolts). After it will be taken to a dealer to have the map installed.

Big thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was unable to find any instructions before I installed mine.

However, most of the parts make sense if you know that you are pulling out the SAS system, the charcoal canister, the valve in the exhaust, and the post-cat oxygen sensor.

For the SAS removal, remove the fairing, the gas tank, and the upper and lower portions of the air box (I recommend getting an electronic shop manual). The SAS valve is on the right side of the bike above the turn signal indicator. Remove the clamps that hold the hoses to the air box and to the cylinders (one on the right and one on the left side of the bike). Unhook the sensor connected to the valve, and pull everything free. There is a plug in the kit that fits into the harness. Remove the plates from the cylinders and replace with the block off plates from the kit. There is a plastic plug in the kit that fits into the base of the air box where the SAS valve previously connected.

For the exhaust valve, you have to drop the tail section of the bike (six external bolts in the tail, and the four internal bolts for the license plate section--plus disconnecting the rear electrical sub-harness). You can then access all the bolts that hold the exhaust valve motor from the tail of the bike. There is a plug in the kit that fits into the sensor for the motor.

For the third oxygen sensor, simply disconnect it from the harness and put the small rubber from the kit over it.

Finally, the charcoal canister is on the left side of the bike behind the fairing. The Bluetooth module is secured to the front of it. You will have to either ziptie this to the frame or keep the charcoal canister on the bike (it is perfectly fine to do so even with everything else off--the only downside is the relatively small amount of weight of the canister). If you want to remove it, pull the entire assembly off and connect the appropriate plug into the harness. Run the hose that vents from the tank directly to the ground. For the hoses that come from the throttle bodies, you can either connect them to one another, cap them both off, or remove the hoses entirely and use the screws and copper washers from the kits directly into the throttle bodies.

I believe that should be everything from the kit. I'm going off of memory, so I apologize if I forgot anything. If you have any other specific questions, please let me know, and I'll try to answer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is for the Gen 2. The charcoal canister and the SAS valve are in different locations for the Gen 3, but the concept remains the same.
"Does anyone know where I can find the full instructions on how to fit the extra parts that come with the full Akrapovic Evo exhaust for the SDR? "

How do you know what Gen he has?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Type in the article number of the power part you are installing, the instructions come up as pdf.

Article number Akra Exhaust: 61705915044 (English starts at page 21)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the new Gen 3 RR

Thanks again

"Does anyone know where I can find the full instructions on how to fit the extra parts that come with the full Akrapovic Evo exhaust for the SDR? "

How do you know what Gen he has?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts