KTM Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2014 Ktm duke 690 and over the past few months I’ve had to top the oil up twice because I noticed it had gone below the sight glass. It has 16k kilometres just wondering if this is normal for this bike or should I get it checked out. Any tips are appreciated

· Registered
838 Posts
Mine goes about 1000 miles after an oil change without using much then uses about 1L/1000 miles.

· Registered
136 Posts
That oil consumption seems kinda high. It could be because it’s such low mileage but it’s likely that it wasn’t properly worn in. You need to run quite a bit of heavy throttle at low-mid rpms without ever allowing it to run along for any appreciable time at a continuous light throttle for the first ~1,000 km. You could try to run it like that for a while but it’s likely the cylinder is glazed and needs to be re-honed. My ‘18 Duke 690 is at 30,000km and I don’t see really any drop in oil. I change my oil at 8,000 km (5,000 mile) intervals and have been using the recommended Motorex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.