KTM Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my son was riding yesterday and he shut the bike off went to restart 10 minutes later and motor was locked up. After tearing it down I found that one of the bolts that holds the crank stuffers on backed out and is not allowing the rod to go around. Now I have to split cases and see if crank is rebuildable or just replace it. I’ve never split the cases on a KTM done Honda and Suzuki before. Is there any difference when tearing it down I should look out for? I have a tusk crank puller will this work on the KTM? Thanks in advance

·
Dirt tracker
3,837 Posts
Your KTM rebuild is not much different than your jap motor repairs. Be sure to use your factory KTM repair manual for reference and guidance. The aftermarket manuals are not much use for anything but lighting the fireplace. You can source online manual online easily or search here on forum for sourcing manual. Best to use factory KTM parts if practical for you. Especially the crankshaft or rod Kits. Factory parts are vastly superior to aftermarket parts but cost a bit more. Worth the extra cost for longer service life. Check back as needed for assistance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts