KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of adding this to my small collection. But unsure if this is the crank that is snapped as im not all that familiar with this Cycle. Posting pick if anyone knows would be greatful asif it the crank that changes everything lol.

·
Super Moderator
2,072 Posts
Thinking of adding this to my small collection. But unsure if this is the crank that is snapped as im not all that familiar with this Cycle. Posting pick if anyone knows would be greatful asif it the crank that changes everything lol. View attachment 101491
If the crank is "snapped" it can manifest it self in a few ways:

- The magneto feels loose when you grab it and you are able to "wiggle" the magneto.
But this could also be:
1. A loose nut holding the magneto in place.
2. Worn main bearing in casing just inside magneto.

- The motor will not run and is tricky to kick over as things are out of lining.
But this could also be:
1. Seized engine
2. Issues with kick start and/or clutch

I could go on, but only way to find out is by taking off cylinder. Or even better taking motor apart and check the relevant bits. A crack in the crank is hard to see. Can often be a hairline fracture.

Good Luck!

P.S. I expected your post to have a video showing what the crank did, as a pic won't tell us much. So perhaps I just could not get the video going???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts