KTM Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Members

So I purchased a second hand KTM 640 LC-4 adventure bike a while back and like everyone I was really enjoying riding it until a god awful clanking and scraping sound started coming from the motor. I killed the power to the bike and transported it home. Deciding the only way to determine what was wrong with the bike I started to drain the oil out, only to notice little bits of metal flakes, small silver ball bearings and what looks to me like silver links from a chain starting to fall out. After some research and questioning of mechanics at the local bike shop it sounds like the cam chain came off and wreaked havoc in the motor.

Now I know this is an older KTM which makes parts both hard to get and expensive so my question is do I attempt to fix the motor on a limited budget or sell the bike off for spare parts?

Many Thanks in advance

·
Full Throttle
6,437 Posts
use an online parts finder to find part numbers that correspond to multiple production years.

But in anycase , if you decide to sell for parts you can use to give proper year descriptions on your forsale parts
If you upgrade and still want carby , the 2003-2005 lc4 motor is pretty grunty

want revs plus grunt, go the fuel injected

1 - 4 of 4 Posts