KTM Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 2004 ktm 450sx. where can i find a service manual to download for it? also it won't start after time and time again. there is no spark at all. anyone have this problem and a solution? thank you.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
no run?

not an expert here,by any means, but have a good plug, first,then check all wire,connections and grounds, and the coil,plug cap,etc.If nothing is found there,eliminate the kill switch(disconnect)then try for spark.If you get it then,it's the kill switch needing replacement...someone more knowledgeable should be along soon,that may know more about your specific model...good luck with it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah we tried troubleshooting the switch, switch is fine. pulled out the plug and no spark, pulled off the plug cap and no spark. maybe ignition coil or cdi unit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
re: ignition

yeah we tried troubleshooting the switch, switch is fine. pulled out the plug and no spark, pulled off the plug cap and no spark. maybe ignition coil or cdi unit?
I had the same problem. I really hope the CDI is ok, try to disconect the plug cap from the wire and check if there is spark from the wire, in this case, just change the cap, tha was my solution to the problem
If the CDI was crushed by the fork, so the internal components of the CDI could be damaged

1 - 4 of 4 Posts