KTM Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m on a dreaded search for a jug/cylinder for a 2002 KTM junior adventure 50. I keep finding these places selling knock offs. I’ve had my fair share of troubles with the aftermarket cheap parts made from Chinesium. Any help would be nice.

· Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
I’m on a dreaded search for a jug/cylinder for a 2002 KTM junior adventure 50. I keep finding these places selling knock offs. I’ve had my fair share of troubles with the aftermarket cheap parts made from Chinesium. Any help would be nice.
The early air cooled 50cc KTM's used a Moto Morini motor. I think KTM then copied that one. So perhaps a Moto Morini cylinder will fit? (Said that, I have no idea where you can find one).

· Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
Axzon thank you for all you continued help. If my jug is trashed what Chinese brand/company would you trust the most?
Sorry, have no idea about the Chinese and what they supply for KTM... here is hoping that the KTM bits we purchase are NOT from China! But I think some of the parts that are even on the bigger KTM bikes might be from there...

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get that some stuff is from china. What I am referring to is on my Yamaha Blaster, I can get a “new” cylinder but it’s a cheap reproduction. That is not held to the same standard as the OEM. We have found new non-oem cylinders to be out of round and once machined to have air pockets in the cast so fixing the poor casting and machining cause the reproduction part to become junk.

· Super Moderator
3,319 Posts
I get that some stuff is from china. What I am referring to is on my Yamaha Blaster, I can get a “new” cylinder but it’s a cheap reproduction. That is not held to the same standard as the OEM. We have found new non-oem cylinders to be out of round and once machined to have air pockets in the cast so fixing the poor casting and machining cause the reproduction part to become junk.
How bout fitting a sleeve in to the cylinder?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.