KTM Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2002 KTM 520 EXC. I soon found out that the rear wheel bearings were completely destroyed. When I took the rear tire off the bearing fell out revealing a badly worn out hub . Do not believe the hub will be repairable. I have looked around on many different sites and contacted my local KTM dealer but it appears that the wheel is no longer made or available anywhere. I have heard that DRZ wheels may fit but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas or options. Thank you!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I recently purchased a 2002 KTM 520 EXC. I soon found out that the rear wheel bearings were completely destroyed. When I took the rear tire off the bearing fell out revealing a badly worn out hub . Do not believe the hub will be repairable. I have looked around on many different sites and contacted my local KTM dealer but it appears that the wheel is no longer made or available anywhere. I have heard that DRZ wheels may fit but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas or options. Thank you!
Hey !
You can fit the wheel from any other KTM model from 2000-2017, the front wheel has been changed (different spindle size) but the rear remains the same through all the years.
I had 520 SX MY2000, and changed to the hub from 2011 model. in other bike (2011 450 SXF) I put wheels from 2016 EXC,
all fits perfectly.

·
Dirt Wizard
4,191 Posts
Hey !
You can fit the wheel from any other KTM model from 2000-2017, the front wheel has been changed (different spindle size) but the rear remains the same through all the years.
I had 520 SX MY2000, and changed to the hub from 2011 model. in other bike (2011 450 SXF) I put wheels from 2016 EXC,
all fits perfectly.
+1 Kristof is correct, only the front wheel is different. Even my old 96 360 2 stroke could use a rear from a lot later bike.
I have a good hub, but its outer rim is falling apart if you really get stuck if you want to get it laced. Would be easier just to get a second hand complete wheel though.
Welcome to the forum by the way.
Where about's are you situated?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 02 520 and bought a newer (07) set of ktm trims to put street tires on. The newer front rim is made for a bigger shaft. Is there a bushing kit or different bearings available to make this work on the 02? Thank you for any help, this has been kicking my butt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts