KTM Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother recently purchased a 2008 530 EXC-R and has had some problems , i was just wondering if anyone else knew of the same problems.

1. The exhaust mount was bent on delivery from the factory , he rode it home from the dealership (17 miles) and it melted the rear fender & license plate holder.

2. He parked it in his house next to his pool table , comes home from work one day and 2 gallons of gas are on his carpet!
The fuel tank was machined wrong where the petcock attaches.

Both of these problems were direct fdrom the factory (he only has 1.1 hrs on the bike). The dealership just assembles the front end , so they are not claiming responsibility for it & so far KTM is saying it couldnt have been their fault!
This after he paid for fender to fender extended warranty ($1200.00) !
This 8500.00 bike that ended up being 12,500.00 after all the taxes , licensing
& warranties !:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
wow that is BAD!

without giving details, what area are you folks in ? I would definatlely continue "climbing the command tree" 'til you get high up enough to get some results...that's my .02 , my dealer would probably be OK to deal with IF I have a problem.I hope I don't , of course. He may change his tune if he finds me out at the roadcourse...is your dealer trying to be helpful at all? have you contacted KTM in Ohio? I hope it works out for your bro. The bit of experience I've had with KTM, leaves me warm and fuzzy. The bikes and componets are generally considered top quality,as you probably realize.Please keep us posted, and good luck with the situation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts