KTM Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I've just joined this forum which i've searched everywhere for any advice or experiences on the above. I've recently had some paintwork done to give my Baby (The Duke) a fresh look. I had to remove the tank as i've had L.E.D lights fitted throughout engine bay, Also had the front lights removed for paintwork. Now since putting the lights back in, and the petrol tank reinstalled, my Baby wont fire!!! I've checked the fuses, Petrol pump is engaging when starting switch is activated so it seems like either an electrical fault or perhaps a fuel line fault as i cannot find a diagram of the fuel lines, to double check i havn't set them up wrong. I'm thinking last resort is back to dealer to be plugged into the diagnostic tool but was hoping someone may have knowledge or a past experience similar to myself that can help me from going out of my mind !!!
Regards.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I guess maybe you could mess up the fittings, but one of them wouldn't be plugged in if you did.

There is a line which goes between the two sides of the tank, which is clearly coming out of the BOTTOM of the tank. The other line is the one going from the fuel pump (clearly comes from that area of the tank) to the throttle body.

Hate to ask... but is there any gas in the tank and have you opened the two ports at the bottom of the tank to allow the gas to flow between the two sections equally?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tye, thanks for quick reply. I've checked all connections to fuel tank and all making good connections and kept away from being damaged when refitting tank. Both valves are open full and petrol if flowing when i push the valves on hoses. I have fuel line from bottom right side of bike going direct into bottom left side, then then hose from the top off the right side of tank, coming down from tank then up into carb. Im assuming this is correct as it is seems to be the only obvious route providing the fuel lines are joined from both bottom taps? Or have i lost the plot and set it up wrong lol?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Sounds like you've got it setup right. If the pump primes, then you should be good to go.

So tell me more about what it doesn't do. I assume it turns over OK and even if you open the throttle a tiny bit, doesn't start?

Did you by accident unplug another connector? Everything is kinda in the area you were working, perhaps something else got unplugged.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Scotto-D, were you able to start it in the end? I may be running into the same issue tomorrow when i receive the new battery (i also removed my tank, different reason, but had been sitting off the bike (2008 690 Duke) for a few years. I do notice a connector that I cannot figure out where it went, do you happen to know/remember?

What did you do to start it again?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts