KTM Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this bike and the kick start locks up. I have some wiring issues I’m working through, so I can’t use the starter yet.
  • I have taken out the spark plug and that did not work.
  • It has aRev Loc clutch so I was able to push it around and shift through all the gears with no problems, but still did not free up the kick start.
  • I took the Magneto cover off and spun the engine over with the spark plug out slowly in the proper direction using the flywheel nut and everything seemed to rotate correctly, but still did not free up the kick start.
  • I then rotated the engine in the opposite direction and that did free up the kick starter but only for about 1-2 sometimes 3 slow kicks with the spark plug out.
I think it might be in the timing chain or in the kick start assembly. Can anybody point me in the right direction. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
i wouldn't think it would have anything to do with the timing chain. have you taken the clutch cover off and inspected the kick starter gear its a possibility its loose or just not installed correctly

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
I just got this bike and the kick start locks up. I have some wiring issues I’m working through, so I can’t use the starter yet.
  • It has aRev Loc clutch so I was able to push it around and shift through all the gears with no problems, but still did not free up the kick start.
  • I took the Magneto cover off and spun the engine over with the spark plug out slowly in the proper direction using the flywheel nut and everything seemed to rotate correctly, but still did not free up the kick start.
  • I then rotated the engine in the opposite direction and that did free up the kick starter but only for about 1-2 sometimes 3 slow kicks with the spark plug out.
I think it might be in the timing chain or in the kick start assembly. Can anybody point me in the right direction. Thanks
You may want to post your inquiry in 4 stroke forum for better exposure and possible assistance. I found you here by accident. Happy to help if you still require it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts