KTM Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2008 ktm250xcf that lost spark so I started testing and replacing parts, I now have new stator, new pulsar coil, ignition coil ,good used cdi box and I still can't get it to spark..it will only spark one time when I push the killswitch button so I disconnect it from the bike and I get nothing. it's like the bike is grounded out somewhere and killing it, any help please!!!

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Sounds exactly like a bad CDI box
Your other parts are proven working by the single spark. Your trigger and Ignition module cause sequential sparks. Failure of either of those will cause your symptom. Your trigger is new. Next logical step is CDI module
Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds exactly like a bad CDI box
Your other parts are proven working by the single spark. Your trigger and Ignition module cause sequential sparks. Failure of either of those will cause your symptom. Your trigger is new. Next logical step is CDI module
Good luck
I already tried a good used cdi box off a running bike .I'm going to try a new wiring harness for the cdi box and a new killswitch and see if that helps..

·
Dirt Wizard
4,144 Posts
Someone's possibly wired the killswitch wrong. Instead of closed circuit to kill it's possibly wired open circuit to kill.
Try joining the 2 wires that go to the killswitch.
Don't know the xcf model, if it's the same as our excf it might have a clutch switch and it could be playing up as well.
Did the new coil come with a new plug cap or did you screw the old one onto it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've tried the killswitch and I can completely disconnect it from the bike and it still doesn't have any spark and this bike doesn't have any of the safety switches, its basically a sxf with electric start lol..I'm just starting to think this thing is cursed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok a little update on my issue. I can take my flywheel off the bike and wipe it off and install back on the bike and it will spark for a few minutes then goes back to doing the one spark by the killswitch thing ..not really sure if I should replace the flywheel or not sense they cost so much...

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Never saw a flywheel go bad. Heard of one but never saw it. I suppose it's possible. Some of the aftermarket replacement ignitions are sensitive to trigger to rotor clearance but never seen a stock one fail

1 - 7 of 7 Posts