KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Potentially taking a 2010 RC8 with 5,400 miles in on a trade. Bike starts up but has a significant knock. Some people are saying cam chain tensioner or valve need shimmed severely. I’m worried of a full motor rebuild. Also curious on a ballpark estimate of what a full motor rebuild would be for the lc8. I can’t upload a video here but if someone wants to listen and help me out and I can share the video on facebook.

·
Dirt Wizard
4,510 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I don't Facebook sorry, can you pin point the noise? Is it in the cam area. Have heard of hard facing coming off the cams not 100% sure.
One of the rc8 guys would know more than me. Don't know whether me mate @Sideshow would know.

·
Full Throttle
2008 RC8 / 2007 690
6,807 Posts
Potentially taking a 2010 RC8 with 5,400 miles in on a trade. Bike starts up but has a significant knock. Some people are saying cam chain tensioner or valve need shimmed severely. I’m worried of a full motor rebuild. Also curious on a ballpark estimate of what a full motor rebuild would be for the lc8. I can’t upload a video here but if someone wants to listen and help me out and I can share the video on facebook.
you can share links.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The knocking can happen if the bike is over revved. A shim can become dislodged thus causing the noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts