KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 sxf250 that's leaking at the oil sight glass. Anyone else had this issue? Was also seeping at the inner clutch gasket and building up on the bottom of the casing. Replaced the gasket and the leak stopped but still seeing oil on the outside of the glass. I know ktm offers the replacement sight glass but I've never had to replace a sight glass. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and can do the job but any tips from anyone that's done it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 sxf250 that's leaking at the oil sight glass. Anyone else had this issue? Was also seeping at the inner clutch gasket and building up on the bottom of the casing. Replaced the gasket and the leak stopped but still seeing oil on the outside of the glass. I know ktm offers the replacement sight glass but I've never had to replace a sight glass. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and can do the job but any tips from anyone that's done it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old post but yes the site glass can be prone to leaking!

My 2017 450SX leaked from new, very minor at first but got worse. KTM actually gave me the parts for free almost two years later.
I just changed mine and the hardest part was getting the circlip out. I used a very small flat blade jewelers screwdriver and a hook pick to get it out. The site glass pushed out with my finger. There was a small amount of grey sealant from the factory so I did the same but used slightly more. Clean the surface really good prior to installing the new site glass. I went in with a small brass brush first.
Tap the new site glass in with an appropriate sized socket install new circlip allow 24hrs for the sealant to cure and good to go.
Hope this helps someone else as I didn't find much info on site glass replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts