KTM Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to sell my bike but wanting to first determine what would be a fair, non-inflated price ?
Asking you guys for help determining a price before actually listing with pics, etc.

About the bike:
2017 Super Duke only 650mi "Like New" with the trac-pac installed by the dealer at purchase time.
Original owner / all paperwork / sensibly broken in / ready for first service / zero falls / never tipped over.

Also you would need to come to South Lake Tahoe to test drive it and pick it up.
Major cities near me are Reno, Sacramento - I'm right near the state line.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought my 2018 a few weeks ago less than 900 miles track and performance packs
had its 600 mile service I paid 12500 purchased it from the bay area. It also had the
Austin Racing High Slung Exhaust which I am trying to sell.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So compared to yours, any idea what would you have been willing to pay for mine?
Thanks.

I bought my 2018 a few weeks ago less than 900 miles track and performance packs
had its 600 mile service I paid 12500 purchased it from the bay area. It also had the
Austin Racing High Slung Exhaust which I am trying to sell.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Many buyers use the KBB price as a guide.
The one I picked up had been listed for months
so i got what I felt was a good price.
Untitled.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tough time to sell a previous gen SDR. The new 2020's are almost all new and Covid on top of, factor in the down economy and a lot of headwinds. As another reference point, my local dealer had a brand new 2019 for $12,900. They started at $14,900 and dropped it $500 every week until it finally sold.

Do you plan on replacing it with anything? If so, hit the dealer (even if you are not) and get an idea of what the trade value is. That will give you what likely the ACV (actual cash value) and this will give you likely what the bottom price it would sell for (worst case scenario). If you have time, try a dealer or two and then price it above that. Don't be shocked by the figure they give you. I was in a similar situation on another bike, (almost new, but the next gen just came out) and when I checked with a dealer for what they thought it was worth, they offered me half of what the original retail price was just over a year earlier. So it went from $15k to $7.5k

These don't trade that often to get a good sense compared to other bikes but you can look at Cycletrade and also all the sold listings on eBay for additional insight.

Good luck with your sale!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for advice.
Using Google, I see most 2017 Duke 690 are priced in the range of $6K to $8K and these bikes have an average of 3K to 6K miles.
Soon I will post mine for sale here on the forum for $7500 USD with only 600 miles, bike cover, track pack installed by the dealer at purchase, all original paperwork and tool kit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maybe it's me but I'm confused (happens easily :)). Your thread calls your bike a Super Duke and in your last post it's a 690.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sorry if I confused you,

I have a 2017 Duke 690 -- for sale -- AFAIK there is only one USA Model of the Duke 690.
Yes - it looks like I used the word "Super" in the title and that is incorrect: but - I cannot see a way to change the thread title.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As someone with a '16 Duke 690 with the track pack (and akra exhause and euro Duke R suspension, seat, triple clamp) I think $7500 won't get you any buyers. You can buy a brand new 790 for about the same price, which is not going to get you a lot of buyers. Gotta find someone looking specifically for one, and it's a shrinking market.

·
Registered
33 Posts
As someone with a '16 Duke 690 with the track pack (and akra exhause and euro Duke R suspension, seat, triple clamp) I think $7500 won't get you any buyers. You can buy a brand new 790 for about the same price, which is not going to get you a lot of buyers. Gotta find someone looking specifically for one, and it's a shrinking market.

Just checked cycletrader, you can get leftover 2018's brand new for $6,999 (plus tags and dealer fee, but the taxes are the same). Good luck dude, those are just the asking prices.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Cheers silversurfer... try it and see...... you might get lucky, if not, you can always drop the price later. Dealer adverts often apply to one stocked unit that they have to shift quickly to make a loan payment etc, so your's is an as new bike, presumably being sold due to an incapacity or inability to ride. You just might find a buyer that thinks the price is right.

Some good quality photo's will be essential to stir up some interest. Good Luck!

I have read that bike sales are booming during Covid as they are considered covid escape machines.

(y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts