KTM Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radiator was damaged because someone accidentally knocking over my 1290 R with his truck while it was parked. The insurance is covering the whole thing so that's good. Unfortunately, the radiator was damaged and apparently beyond repair. The garage ordered a replacement rad (Part 61635010200) and after a month of waiting, finally received it. Unfortunately, the garage called me this morning to tell me it doesn't fit properly and would cause damage to the fairings over time or hard use. So they have to order the older part (61635010000) and that it will take at least 25 more days. It seems crazy to me that KTM would change part numbers only to not have it fit. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? I've been without my bike for over a month and I already don't have a long riding season in Canada. This is driving me nuts!

·
Registered
989 Posts
This makes zero sense. I have a 2018 and in 2020 when I had to replace my radiator, I did so with 61635010200 and it was fine. Still is fine
It's possible your fuel tank is a bit misshapen from ethanol fuel or they are simply not reinstalling correctly.... or they are BSing you and giving the radiator ordered to someone else.
Either way, it's correct and it fits. I'll privately share my own receipt if needed.
-MM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This makes zero sense. I have a 2018 and in 2020 when I had to replace my radiator, I did so with 61635010200 and it was fine. Still is fine
It's possible your fuel tank is a bit misshapen from ethanol fuel or they are simply not reinstalling correctly.... or they are BSing you and giving the radiator ordered to someone else.
Either way, it's correct and it fits. I'll privately share my own receipt if needed.
-MM
It doesn't make sense to me either. I spoke to them again yesterday and told them my theory on why it's not the same part number as the original and thus, why it makes sense that the part isn't identical to the one on the bike (the old one being prone to leaks and all). I told them that I just can't see KTM replacing the part number without checking to see if the part fits and the guy agreed with me. It's so frustrating that I can't just take the bike somewhere else. I've tried to find pictures of both models of radiators just to see what changes are made that would have them tell me that mounting the new one would damage the fairings but I have failed so far. As you have installed the new part, can you tell me if the mounts are that different from the old part?

·
Registered
989 Posts
It doesn't make sense to me either. I spoke to them again yesterday and told them my theory on why it's not the same part number as the original and thus, why it makes sense that the part isn't identical to the one on the bike (the old one being prone to leaks and all). I told them that I just can't see KTM replacing the part number without checking to see if the part fits and the guy agreed with me. It's so frustrating that I can't just take the bike somewhere else. I've tried to find pictures of both models of radiators just to see what changes are made that would have them tell me that mounting the new one would damage the fairings but I have failed so far. As you have installed the new part, can you tell me if the mounts are that different from the old part?
Mounts are not different. As a matter of fact the new radiator still suffers the same fatigue leaks so it's not the bracing that is improved.

·
Registered
512 Posts
When I had similar radiator problems on my 16’ I ordered from KTM, and when I received it, it was boxed as a KTM part with correct part numbers… but it was made in CHINA!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts