KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of a 2019 690 SMC R!

There is not a ton of aftermarket information or parts available for the bike yet. Can anyone recommend and aftermarket slip on or full system

The stock can is kinda ugly and I'd like the bike to be a little louder.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am the proud new owner of a 2019 690 SMC R!

There is not a ton of aftermarket information or parts available for the bike yet. Can anyone recommend and aftermarket slip on or full system

The stock can is kinda ugly and I'd like the bike to be a little louder.

Thanks in advance!!!

I was going to order a Wings exhaust today, but I guess they are on vacation... seems like it gets mentioned more than any brand for our bike. Probably because better bang for buck than the Akro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Confusion was due to Arrow having a specific part to fit the stock 690 header, and the tekmo having a different fitting (like the 701 has).

While I'd love to buy from Rottweiler the exchange rate and shipping to Canada makes it a much more expensive option, plus for warranty I'd need to rely on my local guy. But unfortunately the local people don't have specific experience like RW.

j

·
Registered
56 Posts
Confusion was due to Arrow having a specific part to fit the stock 690 header, and the tekmo having a different fitting (like the 701 has).

While I'd love to buy from Rottweiler the exchange rate and shipping to Canada makes it a much more expensive option, plus for warranty I'd need to rely on my local guy. But unfortunately the local people don't have specific experience like RW.

j
If you want to use the stock header on the 690 you need a link pipe but arrow is still working on manufacturing one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would say that is just carbon fiber wrap trimmed to fit the panels.
Thanks! Could you tell me where to get it, too? A wrap/foil company in Oslo told me that many products won’t stick strong enough to the plastic panels and probably soon fall off ...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm unsure of the part # but here is the link http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/2019-ktm-690-enduro-smc-r-full-exhaust-system/
Comes with everything you need. (Pipe, header, link pipe, gaskets)
What was the confusion with your distributor ?
This the product I used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L9J4JRG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1 vvvid carbon fiber wrap, you will also need an x-acto knife and a heat gun/hair dryer. Once you get the hang of it , applying it isn't so bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts