KTM Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
So far nobody has developed a good looking screen for the 790 that actually blocks the wind without any buffeting. On a long trip with lots of highway speeds, functional beats good looking. The 790 S screen worked very well on my R, but would slap me in the face off-road. The Rade’s Garage screen looks good, plenty of room to mount electronic, blocks airflow at chest level, but has high speed buffeting at helmet level.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Who cares about looks?
I guess some people do.

For me, I would like a screen that looks good but to me, an enduro or 790 bike is a utility and therefore need not look very nice. I can live with an ugly screen the same way I can live with ugly flip flops.
I'd like a nice screen/flip flop pair but I won't sacrifice utility if it doesn't look nice.

Also, I am 188 cm with a big head - I would prefer to be shielded from the wind haha

·
Registered
68 Posts
R/G update. I took off the 2 lower wind deflectors under the headlight and it significantly cleaned up the air at head level. Doesn’t make sense, but it works. There is still some buffeting, but I estimate removing the deflectors cut the buffeting at least by half. And I like the look without the lower deflectors. I haven’t rode in rain yet, but hear without the lower deflectors rain will hit your lap, so they may go back on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Is anyone with this bike disappointed with the windscreen ?"

Disappointed? I'll say. I'm 5'7" tall and have the standard model. My head gets tossed around like a bobble head doll in a car being driven by a drunk. I stood on my pegs at 75 mph and it was sooo much quieter and pleasant. I'm actually considering just removing the windscreen all together. I also wondering if adding one of those small extension things that Puig make to the top would help. I'm interested in a solution, that's for sure.

karmicgumbo
I have the exact same issue on the S at your height. I was getting tossed around so much, I felt like throwing up. What did you end up doing to solve it?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts